Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 4th, 2005, 10:46 AM
Passenger

Default Luggage tag question

Hi I posted this question some time ago but I just needed a bit of clarification.

We booked our cruise on M94 but then upgraded(for free) to E180. When we received our cruise docs we got luggage tags for the Main deck. We will be arriving by Taxi to the dock in Tampa. When we get out of the taxi where should we go to get new tags for our luggage? Do we have to cart our luggage through check-in since we got the wrong tags or will the porters take care of it?

Any advise and suggestions would be appreciated. I'm really nervous about this since it is our first cruise and we have no clue where to go and what to do once we get to the dock.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old April 4th, 2005, 11:03 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Luggage tag question

Do you have a TA? or did you book with Carnival direct? If yes, call and ask them. If not, when you check your luggage in at the docks, the porters have the manifest list, check your assigned cabin with them and they can give you correct luggage tags. Take some stick on mailing labels to save time filling them out.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old April 4th, 2005, 11:14 AM
Admiral

When we booked our cruise, I booked a cabin E136 on the Empress deck of the Fantasy. When we got our documents the tags were for this cabin and deck. When we arrived at the port, we checked our bags with the porters and proceeded to check in. This was when we found out we had been upgraded to a penthouse suite on the Upper deck. I paniced about our luggage but the porters or Carnival staff changed the cabin number on the tags and our luggage was delivered without any problems and I must say quite promptly. Even though we departed from Port Canaveral, I'm sure the same is true for Tampa port.

Old April 4th, 2005, 12:30 PM
Passenger

We booked through Carnival and when I called our PVP he said they would take care of it at the dock and that it was in their system and so forth. But wasn't sure who I should go to the porters or the check-in people.

I will remember to put my info on some sticky labels so I don't have to fill out the tags.

Old April 5th, 2005, 04:25 AM
CherylR

Do not worry. We were upgraded last year also and when we go to the port, we asked the porter for new tags,filled them out quickly right on the sidewalk and gave him our bags. No problem!
Old April 5th, 2005, 04:25 AM
CherylR

Do not worry. We were upgraded last year also and when we go to the port, we asked the porter for new tags,filled them out quickly right on the sidewalk and gave him our bags. No problem!
Old April 5th, 2005, 05:17 AM
bjkeen

You might ask Carnival or the Porter for new luggage tags, if you do not have a ta. The one time that I booked a "guarantee" the Porter at the doc looked on the manifest for my cabin no. and gave me different luggage tags. I always make sure I have my name and home address on the inside of the luggage too. Sometimes the outside tags come off in loading and unloading. You might want to put something that you can identify and spot easily on the exterior of the luggage. This will help you find your luggage while disembarking. I have red ribbons on mine.