Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 18th, 2005, 12:54 PM
windycity kitty

Default Legend 8 day a great time!

Just got back from an 8 day cruise to Exotic Western caribbean. Belize, Costa Rica and Panama on the Legend. She is a beautiful ship. The ports were interesting. The staff were all for the most part helpful and friendly. Our waitstaff was very nice. The shows were very entertaining. We liked the aft/unicorn pool best no kids. My room steward was great, bringing me lots of kleenex for my cold and exta blanquets,room service was prompt and on time. I got a massage which was over priced but relaxing. Did my own tour of Shark Ray Alley in Belize with Coral Breeze Limited, went to the Sloth Sanctuary in Costa Rica was disappointed I couldn't hold a sloth, but it was still cool, went on the Grand Tour in Panama, which was pricey ,but nice. If I go again which I plan to I will do more shore excursions on my own, I know a lot of people who saved a lot of money and were very happy with their cab drivers ,however I would not go by my self, I would find a group and a reputable cab company or shore excursion company in the ports you visit. I had an outside cabin which I liked a lot, an upgrade would have been nice but wI liked deck one, very quiet and you don't feel the ships motion as much as the upper deck. The elevators are very fast on the Legend also so in no time I was up on Lido by the pool. The food was good and so/so, not to worry if you don't like one thing just order something else. I don't cruise for the food anyway. There was always something to do or something to see. The bands and were very good.The other passengers were pretty friendly and I met a lot of people on the boat, some of whom Im keeping in touch with. It was one of the best vacations I have ever taken. I miss being at sea!!! Feel free to ask any questions you might have.
Sponsored Links