Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 20th, 2005, 04:42 PM
patticake

Default beach at chankanaab, a far walk?

I just read w here the walk to the beach at chankanaab park is a really long walk.is this true? how far are we talking? i am assuming after you enter the park and pay, the beach area and snorkeling area are both in the same general area. what is right inside the park after you enter and pay? thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old April 20th, 2005, 04:49 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy
Default Re: beach at chankanaab, a far walk?

I didn't think it was a really long walk. You go in and pay and then walk along a cobbled path to the beach area. Less than a 2 min walk.

Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old April 20th, 2005, 05:22 PM
First Mate

We have been to Chankanaab numerous times. It's a short walk through a nice tropical area. The path is nice and wide. It only takes a few minutes. When we were there last summer, we saw several large iguanas sunning on branches of the trees as we walked through. My teenage sons like that. Once several years ago, we were in the parking lot and there was what looked to me like a statue just out in the open. As we approached, I realized it was a huge iguana. It had to be over four foot long. He didn't move, so we walked around him. Wouldn't you know, a Kodak moment and I had left the camera on the ship!
Old April 20th, 2005, 09:59 PM
mns

Can you walk to the park from the ship????
Old April 20th, 2005, 10:19 PM
BoosterMom

It is a very loooongg walk from the ship to the park, several miles. It is well worth what you pay for the cab ride, plus you get to experience a Mexican cab ride!!! Once in Chankanaab, you can actually see the ship from the little beach area. No patticake, it isn't a long walk. Just like another poster said, you walk through some little trails, past the Dolphin Encounter and Sea Lion Show. It's really pretty, lots of tropical plants AND, yes, they are right about the iguanas. They are all over the place. Don't get scared though, just let them see your feet, hands and camera and they "trundle" off. They will not come up to you and would just as soon you stay away from them. We decided they are just like cats......when they want to be seen, they will.......when they don't want to be seen or even partially looked at or fussed about, they will go away! Patticake, your cruise is going to be fine, loosen up, you have provided your family with the ultimate party plan!!!!! Just relax and let them AND yourself have fun!
Old April 20th, 2005, 10:45 PM
mns

ty
Old April 20th, 2005, 11:28 PM
First Mate

Send a message via Yahoo to TC(Top-Cat)

The park is about a 6 mile cab ride from the boat. You can see the boat from the dolphin swin and the beach. There is also a Myan ruins exhibit that is included in park fee.

On Glory - 05-06-06

Sensation,Jubilee ,Maj.of the Seas,Conquest, Victory.