Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 9th, 2005, 06:50 PM
bee

Default Carnival Legend Info Please

Hi All I was thinking of sailing on the Legend Has anyone sailed on her? and if so Please give review of her There is an 8 night Exotic Weastern Caribbean out of Fort Lauderdale in December that looks good going to Belize Costa Rica and Panama I have never been to any of these Thanks to any who can help me I have been on the Victory Is the Legend similar? Bee
Sponsored Links
Old May 10th, 2005, 08:39 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Carnival Legend Info Please

Just sailed on the Legend Jan 2005. We had some difficulties with the cruise, but there was extenuating circumstances. We were onboard for Super Bowl Sunday and since we are all from Philly and our team was in the Bowl we asked the cruise line before we went how they would handle it--to make a long story short, they did not decide what they were doing until hours before the game and it turned out alright, but it was very disorganized before they decided. Also there was a group of 500 aboard and apparently included in their cruise ticket was a private viewing of the Super Bowl in a secluded room, all excursions pre-booked (Carnival just started letting people pre-book online) so all of us that wanted to see the canal, couldn't get tickets because they were sold out to this group. Panama is definitely a third world country but the people there were very nice and accomodating, but THE thing to see is the canal!!! We took a catamaran to an island and snorkled which was fun in Belize, and Costa Rica is beautiful.

The ship is nice, but we found the service lacking and the staff rude at times. Our waiter was new and our group, all seasoned cruisers allowed for this, but we didn't get half our orders on some nights and becuase he was new, he was slower so when it came time for the nightly song and dance, we still didn't have dessert and that made us late for the shows. It wasn't my favorite cruise, but I have learned that you can't judge the whole line from one cruise! We are sailing on Carnival again next year on the Valor. We'll see what that brings!

2005 Legend
2004 Mercury
2003 Grandeur
2002 Summit
2001 Zenith
2000 Norway
1999 Vision
1994 Song of America (RCCL)