Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 18th, 2005, 09:48 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Sail with CruiseMates-- On the Glory B!!

[b]Balcony cabins for ONLY $798 ... PLUS a $50/cabin shipboard credit. Inside cabins for ONLY $549.. PLUS a $50/cabin shipboard credit.--- And you can join Jim, and a bunch of great cruisemates on this 7 night group cruise-- sailing Sept 10!!!

I wish I could go, but I'll be on the Liberty in Oct. BUT... YOU CAN! Click on the link below for all the info... and get booked on this wonderful cruise at BARGAIN prices!
http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/.../Glory2005.cfm

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Sponsored Links
Old May 18th, 2005, 10:13 AM
bjkeen

Default Re: Sail with CruiseMates-- On the Glory B!!

That's a good price. The Glory is a beautiful ship. I have pics. if anyone wants to see them. I have friends who have sailed on the Glory and they loved it.
Old May 18th, 2005, 11:58 AM
Admiral

I have also been in touch with the CD that will be onboard and he has assured me that he will also help to make this a very special cruise for all of us. There is a wonderful group already booked including some of the regulars on the boards and even another staff member! The price is fantastic and their are also extras just for those who book through the selected TA including a free cocktail party and Champange and Chocoletes and $25 ship credit you can spend anyway you wish! Great ship, great itinarary, great price, great group, and great fun. You do not want to miss this cruise! For those sitting on the fence, you will not find this good a deal anywhere so lets go! All the details can be found by clicking on the link by my signature.
Jim

Old May 19th, 2005, 05:48 PM
Admiral

I think it is time that those of us who are already booked give a roll-call so that others will know what a great group we have!
Jim & Sylvia Bragg from St Augustine, Fl.
Jim

Old May 19th, 2005, 05:59 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Laura Berry and Patricia Newton From Laconia NH.

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old May 19th, 2005, 07:08 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Donna here from Cruisemates, both George and I will also be onboard. Coming with us is another small group, our newly married son and his wife along with her parents and an aunt and uncle. We're all getting excited. At the moment we are having flying problems, American cancelled the early flight out on the 10th and re-booked us on a later flight that, to me is a little close for comfort. I will just keep checking and hopefully another earlier one may be added, if not there is another airline I can book with as long as they stay flying, time will tell, so in the meantime, thats up in the air so to speak, but looking forward to this cruise.

It will also be the first time we cruise on Carnival, we big fans of Royal Caribbean, but from what everyone assures me, we will not be disappointed. Like Robo mentioned, we have a great group going with us, some we've cruised with before and some new faces, so its going to be great!

Message Boards Moderator
Old May 20th, 2005, 12:48 PM
Admiral

That is 10 people that have reported in so far and I know there are many more so put you names down! Don't make me do it for you. <>
Jim

Old May 20th, 2005, 02:31 PM
Passenger

Progresso has been cancelled for this cruise. Two sea days instead.
Old May 20th, 2005, 02:35 PM
Beginner

Carnival cancelled Progresso as of June 18th
Old May 20th, 2005, 02:59 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Sail with CruiseMates-- On the Glory B!!

Did Carnival say why they cancelled Progresso? Are they going to go somewhere else instead?

Message Boards Moderator
Old May 20th, 2005, 04:11 PM
Admiral

Apparently some people were complaining that they couldn't get drunk enough at C&C's in Cozumel because the ship left early to get to Progresso the next day. Because of these complaints they have apparently cancelled Progresso and will be remaining in Cozumel until late. I am very ticked off at this as this frankly is one of the reasons I chose this cruise as this is a new port for many people. Carnival will be hearing from me and my high displeasure and I suggest that all of you do the same and write to CCL. Remember to be polite but explain your position in this matter. What is better, staying in Cozumel so people can get drunk ashore which brings in no income to CCL, or going to Progresso so that many people can take ships tours and increase income to CCL?
Jim

Old May 20th, 2005, 07:57 PM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to CZodda

Cathy Zodda from New York City checking in for our roll call ;-)

I have the feeling that they will replace Progresso with another port. As Jim mentioned, this will increase income for them so it's only to their benefit.

Personally, I enjoy the sea days. Much more relaxing - no rushing to meet a shore excursion ;-) For me the ship is the destination :-D

However, I totally understand how others feel about the situation, and I feel that Carnival will step up to the plate by the time our sailing rolls around.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Cathy
Old May 20th, 2005, 08:24 PM
Passenger

DH and I are sailing on Glory 9/10/05. Called Carnival and was told they would NOT be subsituting another port. No on board credit for cancellation.....Carnival rep sounded very cold over my concern (Belize and Progresso were to be two new ports for us) I think if there are enough complaints..............Remember the squeaky wheel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old May 20th, 2005, 08:53 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Sail with CruiseMates-- On the Glory B!!

Hi Cathy,
I hope you are correct, but from what the next poster said, doesn't sound like it, but its really not fair of Carnival do to that, its really making me upset expecially since this will be my first Carnival cruise

Message Boards Moderator
Old May 20th, 2005, 09:52 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

My guess (and it's only a guess) is that Carnival received a significant amount of demand/ requests for the ship to stay later in Cozumel.

With so many great beaches etc. people probably felt rushed, and wanted to spend the day on water based activities, and have the evening to enjoy the night life. I don't know that it's entirely fair to say that everyone just wants to drink more.

I've been on ships that stay late in Cozumel. It's a fun night life, and I rarely drink.

Because the ship is going to be in port so long, those who want to ferry over to the mainland for tours will probably still be able to, because there will be time to do so,

As for Carnival losing money by making the move. I think that's highly unlikely. The next day, which would have been Progresso will be a sea day. Therefore lots of opportunity for onboard revenue.

Personally, I love the sea days, so an extra day at sea wouldn't bother me in the least.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old May 22nd, 2005, 11:52 AM
Admiral

While I really love Cozumel, heck we have taken a weeks land vacation there once, we still think it is a poor decision. They are only extending time there 5 1/2 hours until 10PM and taking away a very interesting and beautiful stop. Merida is lovely Spanish Colonial town and well worth a visit and tour, not to mention the historic Mayan ruins that are within easy tour distance. I am really very, very dissappointed with this decision and hope that they change their mind and do not go through with this. Maybe if enough people e-mail and express how much they want to keep Progresso they will! Be polite in your e-mails and reasonable but go ahead and e-mail CCL if you don't like this decision. I know I have and many others as well.
Jim

Old May 22nd, 2005, 05:08 PM
L&S80

Larry & Sharon from Tacoma WA checking in for Glory.......I guess we missed alot being gone........we also were looking forward to Progresso........
Donna you've got quite a groip traveling with you........looking forward to meeting them.

Sharon

Old May 23rd, 2005, 07:56 AM
Familiar Face

My boyfriend and I are booked for the Glory's Sept. 10 sailing. I got this as a "free cruise" for listening to some travel company speech. I am sorry that we didn't know about you guys coming too? I am glad we will meet a great group on board. Hope to meet you all there. 110 days and counting down!!!!
Old May 23rd, 2005, 11:49 AM
Passenger

If you are unhappy with the decission of dropping Progresso, please call 1800-929-6400, Carnival customer relations.
Old May 23rd, 2005, 11:56 AM
famiycruiser

"Apparently some people were complaining that they couldn't get drunk enough at C&C's in Cozumel because the ship left early to get to Progresso the next day" oh brother.....this reminds me of why Carnival is not my first (or second or third), choice of cruiselines....Jim, are you serious?

I went to Progresso on the Celebrity Mercury 2 years ago and loved it, very authentic and very interesting.
Old May 23rd, 2005, 12:13 PM
Passenger

keep this board bumped.
Old May 23rd, 2005, 09:44 PM
Admiral

Familycruiser, I seriously doubt that anyone actually put that down on the comment card. I also am sure that there were many comment cards saying that people wanted to stay longer, be it because of the nightlife ashore, shopping, or time to unwind after an all-day excursion. As for CCL having all drunkis onboard their ships, not even close to being true, the norm, or even common. I have traveled on a number of cruiselines and actually I have found CCL to have less intoxicated people than the other lines with the exception of HAL. There you just couldn't tell if they were drunk or old. <G> All three and four day cruises have a large number of folks that are having a party onboard but when you get to the 7 day or more cruises, most are there to have a nice vacation and fun, not to get drunk. I do not understand why you are always reading and posting on the CCL board when you have clearly stated that you dislike this line and would not cruise on them? Just curious.
Jim

Old May 24th, 2005, 01:59 PM
Admiral

Okay, that makes sense then Family. Yes we do encourage people to post what they observed and felt, both good and bad and you will never hear the staff complain when people tell of their experiances, good or bad.
Actually we like HAL very much and had a great time onboard the ship. There were times that it was a drag such as no nightlife or when the band played tunes and they were from the 30's & 40's. We felt a little out of place and we are not that young.
I have never seen drunk crew and crews are limited to buying\TWO DRINKS per night. If a crew was in the public areas and drunk they should have been reported just as they would have if they were in the crew only area. CCL has really craqcked down on this in the last year. Passengers they can only control by not selling them booze after they reach a certain level, one of the reasons they do not want people sneaking booze onboard.
As for the announcements and loud music, music only on the entertainment decks and announcements only in public areas and very seldom after 9pm.
This is all pretty much the same for all brands of ships.
Jim