Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 18th, 2005, 11:34 AM
susieon

Default Carnival Glory Cruise Director

Does any one know who currently the Cruise Director on the Glory? We are cruising 6/25/05. I have heard good things regarding John Heald...and not so good regarding Stuart Dunn.
Sponsored Links
Old May 18th, 2005, 11:43 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Carnival Glory Cruise Director

It is Mark Price. He is an Engishman and quite well liked. I have talked to h9m via e-mail a number of times and become friendly with him. I am really looking forward to meeting him this Sept when we have our CM Group Cruise. All reports about him have been excellent.
Jim

Old May 18th, 2005, 02:47 PM
DENISE H

we had mark price on our last cruise we had a great time with him i think you wiil
enjoy him he is real funny
Old May 18th, 2005, 03:01 PM
Cruise Maniac

Great well I will let ya'll know!
Old May 18th, 2005, 03:45 PM
MelBCroozer

susieon

I am also cruising on the Glory for the 6/25 cruise. We have a group of 26 coming from the New Orleans area. Looking forward to the cruise and are starting to count the days!!

Mel
Old May 20th, 2005, 02:30 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Carnival Glory Cruise Director

Progresso has been cancelled on Glory starting June (18th?).Two sea days instead.....
Old May 20th, 2005, 04:11 PM
Admiral

Apparently some people were complaining that they couldn't get drunk enough at C&C's in Cozumel because the ship left early to get to Progresso the next day. Because of these complaints they have apparently cancelled Progresso and will be remaining in Cozumel until late. I am very ticked off at this as this frankly is one of the reasons I chose this cruise as this is a new port for many people. Carnival will be hearing from me and my high displeasure and I suggest that all of you do the same and write to CCL. Remember to be polite but explain your position in this matter. What is better, staying in Cozumel so people can get drunk ashore which brings in no income to CCL, or going to Progresso so that many people can take ships tours and increase income to CCL?
Jim

Old May 20th, 2005, 09:17 PM
Passenger

I hope everyone does complain. I called and e-mailed. Carnival rep told me that if I was unhappy with the change, I could book another cruise. This is to be my 5th Carnival cruise ( 8th total). Progresso is one of few ports that was to be new to me, and the 4 port days is the reason I booked the Glory W. Caribbean. Now I feel Carnival may loose a pretty regular customer.
Old June 12th, 2005, 09:00 PM
David Manifold

We just returned Saturday (6/10) from a 7 day cruise to the western carribean on the Glory. Everything about the entire cruise was wonderful, even the tropical storm we encoundered didn't dampen the mood. Mark Price (British) is the cruise director and comedian. Wee Jimmy (Scotish) is the assistant cruise director. Both are very funny and well liked by the passangers and crew alike. Attend all of the evening shows as they are of broadway quality. We were the last cruise for the Glory to go to to Progresso. Not much there, (6 mile pier), but we did take a shore excursion to Chichen Itza (Mayan ruins). We went cave tubing in Belize, but ended getting back late and had to return to the ship with security on the very last tender. Some scary moments as to whether we were going to make it back to the ship in time. Highly recommend snorkeling in Cozumel. We did the fury catamaran and had a blast. They take you snorkeling for approx 1 hr and then go to a private beach where you can kayak, volleyball, etc. We were very impressed with our dining room server. His name was Raz. He is in the Golden dining room. You can request him. We went with three other couples that each had 2 children apiece. Raz handled the adult table and kids table very well

Enjoy your trip!
Old June 14th, 2005, 03:59 PM
dkboone

Glad to hear you enjoyed your cruise because we leave on the Glory on July 2. Who did you book your cave tubing with? We are also tubing in Belize and I want to make sure we don't run late like you did.
Old June 14th, 2005, 05:26 PM
Passenger

I have another take on the Progresso thing. It seems several Glory cruises have had to be delayed due to weather problems either getting into or out of Progresso. Jim, you certainly should remember the uproar on this board blaming Carnival for those weather related problems. It was about the same time that the Glory was having some propulsion problems and posters could not seem to separate the two. I think these weather related problems due to the narrow channel, etc. is the real reason for the change, not just to allow more time in Cozumel. By the way, we stopped in Progresso last year and in MHO it was a wasted stop. But, I know everybody's boat rocks a little differently! So I do understand your frustration.
Old June 14th, 2005, 07:16 PM
Admiral

BLWNS,
I did not realize that they were having problems due to weather. That isn't the lines fault and you will not hear me complain about such things to them as they have no control over it. We did choose this cruise maionly because of the ports figuring there as
there seemed to be something for everyone, Key West, Belize, Cozumel, and Progresso which are all pretty differant ports. That was supposed to be one of the keys to this decision. Frustrated is not really the right word, I would say dissappointed more than aqnything else. I am sure that CCL has not taken this action lightly but I am hoping that they consider those that maybe haven't been able to join in with their opinions. Some folks may find Progresso very dissappointing if they are looking for someplace like Cozumel or St Thomas or St Martin as it is not like those at all. It is a port for exploring the countryside either in the city of Merida or at one of the many Mayan Ruins. Jim

Old June 14th, 2005, 09:07 PM
Passenger

My family and I sailed on the Glory May 14. Was due to sail out around 4pm it was around 11 pm almost 9 pm when we boarded. There was a storm in Progresso that was why we were so late getting on. Glory was running approx, 7-8 hrs behind. We did not get to stop in the Bahamas. Not complaining just thought I would share this.
Old June 15th, 2005, 08:39 AM
Passenger

The weather has been an issue. And based on some of that "third hand" information better known as "gossip" ...the port officials in Progresso have very strict rules about coming and going during "weather situations." I, for one, have no problem with that. Safety first, always! Now to the gossip..a friend of my daughter, who works for another cruise line, says that she has "heard" that Carnival will restore the Progesso stop later in the year. Now take that info and 50 cents and you MIGHT get a cup of coffee. My wife says I have no business passing along info that has no real basis. She's right ..as usual. Please forgive me. Have a great cruise...all of you...we plan to!
Old June 15th, 2005, 04:02 PM
WendiM

I just got back from my Glory cruise... sale date was 6/4/05. From what I understand that was the last cruise into Progresso because of the danger for stopping there.... weather has been an issue and it was just too dangerous because of getting stuck there. Believe me, you won't miss it and that's the last stop I would want to be stopped at. If you get more time in Cozemul because of this... BE THANKFUL!!!!!!!

Mar was our Cruise Director and he was AMAZING! He was funnier then the Comedians!

Have a great time! He brushed the Hurricane on our way back and it was ROCKY!
Old June 16th, 2005, 03:02 PM
tte

We cruised in Glory 1/1/05. Stuart Dunn was our cruise director. We loved him. We thought he was great. Very funny with alot of energy.
*** Do not eat the salsa at the Corona beach break in Progreso***** Do not pay for the Corona beach either. You can go there for free and drink for $2/drink. Progreso was my least favorite of all the ports I have been too. Don't get too upset if you can't stop there, you won't be missing alot.
Old June 16th, 2005, 05:40 PM
Admiral

Progresso is not a stop for people that want to go to a beach or snorkle or activities like that. It is a port for exploring ancient ruins and Mexican towns.
Jim

Old June 16th, 2005, 08:59 PM
David Manifold

Default Re: Re: Re: Carnival Glory Cruise Director

BELIZE CAVE TUBING

We booked our Belize cave tubing with coral breeze limited:

Cost is $59.00 and cruise ship charges $94. This comes with a nice hot local fare lunch vs a boxed lunch provided by CC lines. If you use Coral Breeze, insist on the first van out and you shouldn't run into any problems. There is a 2hr time difference in Belize and some passangers were left behind because they were confused between ship and local time. All return times are based on ship time and not local time. In Belize the ship does NOT dock at a pier due to to too shallow water. You are transported by tender (high speed boat) to where the ship is anchored (about a 15 minute ride). Last tender is at 4:15 and the ship leaves the harbor at 5pm. The first tenders off the ship in the morning are usually reserved for the Carnival booked shore excursions. Everyone else wanting a tender has to get a number from the desk across from Creames Cafe on deck 5 at 9am (first come first serve .. so get there early if that is what you want to do), however, they WILL let you on the reserved early tenders if you ask ahead of time (Mark Price or Wee Jimmy).

The Cave Branch river was a bit low last week when we went, but the summer rains should raise the level somewhat so that you don't have to carry your tube any.

Have a Great Time