Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 17th, 2005, 11:27 PM
Passenger

Default Carnival Triumph July 2 NYC

We are set to sail on our first cruise on the Triumph out of NYC July 2nd. Anyone else on this sailing, and any last minute advice?

There are 6 of us in 3 cabins. We just received our documents on Wednesday! We don't have too much planned for St. John; mostly walking and shopping around. For Halifax we rented a van with Enterprise and plan to visit Peggy's Cove, the Maritime Museum and the Boardwalk and historic areas for shopping.

We have requested the 6:15pm dinner seating, and I know that there is one formal night onboard. Being first time cruisers, I have tried to research as much as possible.... but I hope I'm not forgetting anything.

Any advice appreciated!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old June 18th, 2005, 01:14 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Carnival Triumph July 2 NYC

cinderelli

CONGRATS ON YOU UP-COMING CRUISE

sorry i cant help you since i have not done this cruise or been on the triumph, but too me it sounds like you have a good plan.

i hope you have a great time and let us know how you like it. i want to take this cruise myself in the future so i am interested in anything cruisers have to say about it. and i will be going with carnival ( my choice of cruise lines ), so i will be reading all about it. i want to go tooooooooo.

Old June 18th, 2005, 06:29 PM
KarenConley

Just off the Triumph to the Bahamas and had a great time. YOu will really like this ship once you figure out the deck plans. We were on the Panorama deck and hardly any noise at all. Food was great and staff and crew were wonderful. We requested the 6:15 seating but got the 8 pm instead and tried to have it changed but could only get the 5:45 seating--I think the 6:15 must be a popular time--anyway we were in the Paris dining room and this dining room has windows so you can look out of if you get a table close to them. Very nice wait staff there too. Any questions, email me.
Karen
Old June 18th, 2005, 11:53 PM
Passenger

Karen,
Thanks for the info. Is there anyway to check now if we actually got the 6:15pm seating? I know when I called Carnival to ask, they said they couldn't give me the information because it was booked through a travel agency, not them.
Old June 19th, 2005, 11:07 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to asongulove

i'll be on your sailing, hangin out in the piano bar...

Carnival Piano Bar Performer

Triumph 7/05
Legend 9-10/05
Fascination 11/05
Miracle 1-2/06