Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 20th, 2005, 08:51 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Ro
Default Can anyone tell me where the best place to hang or go or do

Anyone have any suggestions...??? You guys are the best and were the biggest of help on our first cruise....ok I am listening>>>>>> let the suggestions roll******RO

Inspiration-2004, 2005, 2009
Glory- 4/26/2009
Sensation -4/2007, 10/2009
2/2010 & 11/3/2011
Sponsored Links
Old June 21st, 2005, 05:24 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Can anyone tell me where the best place to hang or go or

One word................STINGRAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old June 21st, 2005, 07:27 AM
Admiral

the stingrays are a must do. Book and independant excursion that has two snorkel stops-one including Sting Ray City Sandbar. If you just want to hang out at the beach, then just grab a cab at the pier and head out to 7-mile beach - its a public beach so there is no admission charges. There are vendors around. If you just want to snorkel there are a couple of spots right off the pier Eden's Rock and Devil's Grotto.
The turtle farm is another interesting spot.
Old June 21st, 2005, 08:46 AM
Happy Camper

A lot of liquor stores will not sell you liquor to take out of the store they only wrap it up and have it delivered to your ship (it has been a few years so this may have changed) but we found "The Little Liquor Store" run by an older lady that was really sweet and she'd sell us individual beers that we could take out of her shop and walk to the beach and enjoy. This was very nice as the actual bar we found at the end of a pier wanted $6 a Corona.... It is a beautiful place to find a place to sit and enjoy... THe scenery is wonderful... If you want to just stroll I recommend strolling to the left when we get off the tender and the shop is along the beach front on the left about 5-10 minute leasurely walk down the sidewalk... If you go to the right and walk about 10 minutes (you can see the dive flags from the tender) go to Eden Rock Dive Shop and you can scuba dive or snorkel from their dock for free or you can rent gear from them and they have lockers... Have a great time!!! Also there is a Hard Rock to the right after you get off the tenders that has good food and drink... You might want to check out the dive shop and Hard Rock on the net to see if they are still there after the hurricane last year... They both have websites... Debbie
Old June 21st, 2005, 09:00 AM
debra

Definitely the stingrays! We also booked a city tour on our first trip that was nice. It allowed you to visit the rum cake factory, Hell, and the Turtle Farm. Fairly inexpensive, didn't take a lot of time, and we spent the rest of our time in port eating and shopping.
Old June 21st, 2005, 10:04 AM
Yeoman

Did our stingray city excursion through Cap't Marvins here online. He was great and great price...I think we paid 32.00...www.captainmarvins.com

Have fun!