Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 26th, 2005, 01:25 PM
Passenger

Default Anyone have recommendation for a 7 day cruise with 4 small c

Hi! So glad I found this forum! Any suggestions on 7 day Carnival cruise for parents looking for a relaxing time with young children? We have 4 kids ages 2,3,5 & 7. We want to provide them with some fun as well as give ourselves a break! I can't seem to get any info on what ships provide a wading pool suitable for our 2 year old. Thought, maybe some of you who have been on the ships recently could remember the children's areas. Looks like we are cruising in October, can't wait!!! Whew-hew...If anyone has some input thanks for your reply. Happy cruisin Everyone!
Sponsored Links
Old July 26th, 2005, 01:37 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy
Default Re: Anyone have recommendation for a 7 day cruise with 4 sma

Given your children's ages I would seriously consider Disney. They would have a great time and Disney really caters to the little ones.

If you've decided on Carnival, I've cruised on the Miracle and the Inspiration and had a great time on both. Both had a children's area with a kiddie pool. To use any of the pools on Carnival the little ones have to be potty trained - they don't allow swim diapers.

Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old July 26th, 2005, 02:06 PM
Admiral

We were on a cruise with a family who brought along a trusted 18 y/o nanny. They gave her specific time off and she was there to take care of the kids when they wanted to do adult stuff. It worked out great and when added to a cabin as the 3rd or 4th person, it was a reasonable about to pay. Also, if she's 18, you don't need a letter from parents. Just make sure she has her DL and birth certificate or passport.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old July 26th, 2005, 02:11 PM
Cruise Maniac

I was on the Holiday and they did allow the little ones in the kiddie pool. they had on the swim diapers, but it gets so hot you don't keep them in but such a short time. my one year old grandson mostly played in the "runnof" where the water would spill over and then go down the drain. absolutely no one complained. the water is salt water and I suggest having some drops to soothe their eyes and very strong waterproof sunblock. that was our experience on the Holiday. I will probably be flamed because people get as heated over children (in swimmies) in the kiddie pool as they do about chair hogs!

Carnival Celebration
Holiday-2005
Old July 26th, 2005, 02:30 PM
Happy Camper

The Carnival ships I have been on have a wade pool for small children usually on the back of the boat around deck 7. Also Camp Carnival would be able to help keep the kids entertained to give you some relax time. Also RCL have huge Voyager ships htat have lots to do - only it might be harder to keep track of the kids with such a huge ship??? There is a lot of fun int he planning! If you go to Carnival's website and click on the "ships" and then on deck plans you can look to see the layout.. Debbie
Old July 26th, 2005, 02:42 PM
Cruise Maniac

we also took a nanny, but we didn't allow her to take the baby off the ship. we had walkie talkies to keep in contact with her at all times, should she need us. some of our group went back to the ship early and while the baby napped, the nanny got to see some sights. Her response was, "pay for me a cruise and take care of a sweet boy,.....you don't have to break my arm!". now people are lined up to go as his nanny next year! it was worth our paying for an extra person to go and help out.

Carnival Celebration
Holiday-2005
Old July 26th, 2005, 02:48 PM
Cruise Maniac

On Royal the kids can't do camp until they are 3 years old and potty trained. Unless of course this has changed in the last 6 months. We are going on Carnival in December with our 2 and 6 year old on the Elation, sorry it can't help you with your October cruise but I'm sure you will have a great time with whatever cruise you decide. Have fun!!!

Old July 26th, 2005, 03:19 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to ran Send a message via Yahoo to ran

The Valor and Victory are great!
Old July 26th, 2005, 03:31 PM
Yeoman

GO with DISNEY!
Old July 26th, 2005, 07:11 PM
bjkeen

My kids were not as young as yours the first time we cruised. I took my kids on the Carnival Fantasy for their first cruise. Carnival's got the fun. They had a blast. Although, I think the kids probably would love Disney too. I have never cruised with Disney, but what kid doesn't love Disney?

Carnival has scheduled activities. The activites are scheduled. Carnival has baby sitters for a fee.
Old July 27th, 2005, 12:41 PM
Passenger

Last summer we took our 3 and 5 year olds on the Elation for 7 days. It was great. Camp Carnival was wonderful. We flew to Disney as Christmas and they kept asking when are we going to the ship. Email me if you have any other questions. I also wrote a review on this trip on the site.
Old July 28th, 2005, 03:15 PM
Passenger

Hey, thanks everyone for the information, definitely is very helpful. I am going in circles to find the best cruise for our family. I really like the nanny idea. You're right about the cost, would be worth checking into.
After looking into Carnival vs. Disney, with a child under 3 I would prefer to have someplace to take her so she can play with other children, she is very independent!! We are definitely doing Disney next year though.

Another question though,Are balconies worth paying the extra money for? does Carnival have a specific part of ship where a balcony would be best?
Old July 29th, 2005, 03:22 PM
BMiller

Carnival Victory has a Children's Deck on the Sun Deck level with a wading pool. I think this is in the spa area.

http://www.carnival.com/Deck_Plan.as...VI&deckCode=12

Keep in mind Carnival's pool policy.

Use of the Pools:
Due to United States Public Health (USPH) Regulations, we do not allow children in diapers or those not toilet-trained in the pools.
Lifeguards are not on duty.
Use of the pools by guests under 13 without adult supervision is prohibited.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Age..._on_Board.aspx

I think the Valor has the same deck plans so should have this area also.
Old July 29th, 2005, 07:59 PM
billnemo

Darcy

Make sure that you are aware that Carnival can cancell any or all of your ports of call for whatever reason whatsover. Be sure to read the contract in it's entirety before sailing. Below is the clause about ommiting ports of call:

9. (a) The Vessel shall be entitled to leave and enter ports with or without pilots or tugs, to tow and assist other vessels in any circumstances, to return to or enter any port at the Masterís discretion and for any purpose and to deviate in any direction or for any purpose from the direct or usual course, and to omit or change any or all port calls, arrival or departure times, with or without notice, for any reason whatsoever, including but not limited to safety, security, adverse weather, strikes, tides, hostilities, emergency debarkations of Guests or crew, or late air, sea, car or motor coach departures or arrivals, all such deviations being considered as forming part of and included in the proposed voyage. Carnival shall have no liability for any compensation or other damages in such circumstances.

You will have no recourse if they cancell all of your ports of call, doesn't matter why, states in the contract "any reason whatsoever" (see above). 7 days at sea can get a bit boring.

You should be prepared to pay for: any gambling expenses, babysitting $6.00 per hour, liquor sales, (you won't receive any liquor that you purchase onboard until the night before you disembark), bingo average $7.00 per card for 1 or 2 game sessions, any beach towels $22.00 if accidentally left on a deck, 15% mandatory tips on your drinks. Your room will have several sodas and bottled water in it if you drink them its about $3.50 per. Customary room service tips, photos of which will be taken when embarking, every night at dinner, formal night around the ship avg $20.00 per, arcade tokens, soda cards about $36.00, coffee drinks from a bar area, smoothie drinks $3.75 - $4.75 ea +15%, wine at dinner $4.75 to $9.75 + 15% per glass, temporary tatoos, spa treatments, teeth whitening $179.00 etc. plus any excursions that you may book. Plus Carnival will bill you $10 per person per day for tips, for you that would be $60 per day or $430 for your seven day cruise, if you want to reduce the tips you'll have to go to the information desk and tell them, they may try to make you feel guilty about it they will ask if you are going to tip them on your own, don't let that bother you. The Travelog which is a video log of the trip showing events such as the "hairy chest contest" plus all the other excitemnet onboard as a reminder of your trip for only $29.00. Internet service 30 minutes for $16.50. A can of coke with a tumbler just $6.95 sorry no refills at that price.
The daily drink specials are about $6.25 ea. but you get to keep the plastic souvenior glass.