Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 13th, 2005, 09:35 PM
DJ Ed

Default Miracle - Riveria Deck

Thinking about the Miracle - Outside Cabin.

How is the soundproofing on the Riveria Deck with all the public rooms above, and the Showroom, Disco, and Galley on the same deck?

Any specific rooms recommended on that deck?

Thanks

Ed
Sponsored Links
Old August 14th, 2005, 12:33 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Miracle - Riveria Deck

We have taken two cruises, one on the Riviera Deck, which is always Deck 1 on Carnival ships, and one on the Verandah Deck, Deck 8. The Riviera was so quiet. We never had problems with noise. We were near the middle, slightly aft. But for our cruise last month, we were on Deck 8, with the Lido deck just above us. I don't recommend this deck at all. There is activity on the Lido into the wee hours and you can hear walking, moving chairs, carts rolling, etc. etc. We have small children and had to turn in fairly early, so I had to purchase ear plugs (for $12.00) in the gift shop just to get some sleep. We paid a lot more for the balcony, but were wishing we had just booked the Riviera Deck again.

Good luck and have fun!
Old August 14th, 2005, 07:33 PM
DJ Ed

Default Re: Miracle - Riveria Deck

Thanks!

I, and others that will be cruising with us, had concerns about the Riviera Deck with the public rooms on that deck, and of course above.

Looking at the deck plans, I am going to aim for a cabin mid-ship that would be under the lobby.

Thanks again.

Ed