Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 6th, 2005, 10:45 AM
Boni

Default Carnival Cruise On Hold

Just read this on CNN.COM: The 3 ships set aside for evacuess has been put on hold as of Tuesday. "The Evacuees wanted for focuse on finding loved ones instead of being uprooted again".
Sponsored Links
Old September 6th, 2005, 01:03 PM
Captain

Send a message via AIM to David West Send a message via Yahoo to David West
Default Re: Carnival Cruise On Hold

Yep, it all true !

happy cruising;
david

Legend May 2009
Liberty - Aug.23 2008
Fantasy - Sept.22 2007
Fantasy - Sept.27 2007 (B 2 B )
Holiday- Sept.- 2006
Valor- May - 2006
Conquest- August- 2003
Inspiration-Sept.-2001
Enchanted Isle- Sept.- 1999
Old September 6th, 2005, 07:07 PM
First Mate

And makes alot of sense, actually. Some have moved more than once and we all know that when we're lost, the best thing to do is stay in the same place.

Since this is what the Survivors want, then I'm happy that they are being granted this one solace.

Old September 6th, 2005, 08:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

So does this mean the ships will be put back in service if the survivors do not want to go to them?

Old September 6th, 2005, 08:43 PM
Passenger

We were booked on the Elation for December. Our TA notified us that we would NOW be going on the Conquest, still out of Galveston.

Does this mean that our itinerary will be its original plan or the new plan?
Old September 6th, 2005, 09:00 PM
Cruise Maniac

D,

Did you have to pay anymore for the Conquest or did they just move you over? OUr TA is trying to charge us about $300 more (today's price at least)

Old September 6th, 2005, 09:24 PM
emmysnana

We were scheduled for the Elation in an ov room on 9/25. We rebooked on the Conquest and had to pay $462 more for an inside room. They did give us $200 on board credit. And we get to go to Jamaica. But I still want our ov room !

Only 19 more days
Old September 6th, 2005, 09:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

How did you get a 200 onoard credit? We were only offered $100 by our TA.

Old September 6th, 2005, 09:50 PM
s langham

This is what MY issue is all about.

I looked online to move to the Conquest (I had been on the Elation 1-1-06) to leave 1-1-06, and it was $100/pp more. That was fine. By the time I called to make the switch (just a couple hours later), it was $250/pp more. No way. I have some real issues with SOMEONE (whoever that someone is) making a lot of money off of people whose vacations were cancelled by the donation of the ships and who cannot move their vacation time.

skl
Old September 6th, 2005, 10:08 PM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to DalTX

this morning on local tv..they interviewed many of the people in the SuperDome...they said they dont want to go anywhere "near" water! They say they are just fine in the dome!
Old September 7th, 2005, 08:15 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Carnival Cruise On Hold

Hi....I finally registered on Cruisemates.com so my username is different. (But I'm still D!)

The difference is going to cost us about $60 for our two bookings. I think it's so low because we overpaid for the original cruise when we booked it months ago.

In any case, I don't think we should have to pay a dime more than what we agreed to pay originally because this was Carnival's decision, not ours.
Old September 7th, 2005, 08:45 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

I am still fact finding, but this is what I have so far. There is a size difference in the Elation and Conquest. Conquest is bigger, and newer. Also port fees are different at each port. You guys are making me nervous, because when I switched, I forgot to ask the difference in price. We have only one week to cruise until next Christmas. We had to get on one of the ships, and we didn't want to go to any other port than Galveston. After I found out about the Elation changes, i booked with another company, but found out that was only a 5 day, so that's when I found out about Conquest. I also felt funny about switching cruise lines. I want to thank those of you who have written about changes taking place. My info for the most part have been from the boards. Which is all the more reason, for us to get rid of the Trolls. I know they must get great joy in giving false info, but it hurts good people. Those of us making changes will have to stick together, give out info as we see it, and we will come out of this.

Luanne

Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old September 7th, 2005, 11:14 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Carnival Cruise On Hold

Wanman

We are in the same boat (no pun intended). I spoke with Carnival last night and was told that we could go to the Conquest for about $200.00 more per person (total of $800.00 more) for the same room we had on Elation. If we wanted to stay at the same price we could book a guaranteed inside room. NOT! I want an oceanview and I don't think it is right that I should have to pay so much more for the cruise even if it is a bigger and newer ship. Also I had bought insurance from AAA and was told that I probably would not get a refund on this. Again, not right. I had zero control over all of this and I just want to get the money back that is mine. I am also getting the run around with AAA in getting my refund for the cruise. I don't understand why it would be so difficult, just credit back my credit card! Sorry to rant, I have only lost my cruise and others have lost so much more and more than I would ever want to lose. My prays go out to the victims...All of them!

Old September 7th, 2005, 11:27 AM
First Mate

i am very lucky to not be one of the unlucky ones to be devasted by the huriicane or of having a cruise cancelled by katrina.

but since the gov't and fema have already made all the arraingements with the cruise line for the ships and cruises have been cancelled and rearrainged, cant they still be used to house the volunteers and hundreds of others that will be there to help rebuild the area? in either case the ships will need to be refubished afterwards, which is in the agreement anyway for their use anyway.

i say it is still a wonderful way for the ships to be used to help rebuild the area and aide the people who need the shelter and food while they are there to help.

Old September 7th, 2005, 11:42 AM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Carnival_CD_AndiKX Send a message via Yahoo to Carnival_CD_AndiKX

I think that the people who are about to be living on these ships for the next six months are going to love it at first then after awhile they will start to get antzy. I think that Carnival is a great Cruise Company to work with. They are after all the No. 1 Cruise company in the world. SO if you have to pay a little more for a different ship I think you need to rethink about gripeing you recive well over the price you pay in serivces so a little extra isn't that bad.
GOD BLESS CARNIVAL.

Old September 7th, 2005, 02:27 PM
Cruise Maniac

"SO if you have to pay a little more for a different ship I think you need to rethink about gripeing you recive well over the price you pay in serivces so a little extra isn't that bad. "

Paying extra is bad when you are on a budget and have saved for months for your trip. Not everyone is rich and has alot of disposable income. And everyting else I have I have donated to the victims. Don't get me wrong I am very thankful that I wasn't involved in the devistation in Louisiana. I just think the fair thing for Carnival to do would be to honor our original price for the same category. I'm not asking for anything more than that...no onboard ship credit, free drinks, free tours...none of this just get me to where I was on the Elation. God Bless those affected and We pray for them daily!

Old September 7th, 2005, 03:50 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

I just checked with my TA and we are only paying for our upgrade on the balcony. Our inside stays the same. I was worried, because so many of you were having so much trouble.

Luanne

Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old September 7th, 2005, 04:11 PM
Cruise Maniac

Luanne

We checked on the sailing that you are on and they told us that it would be $200.00 more per person for the oceanview category that we had previous. We did learn that we just need to keep our booking number and as long as we book before 12/31/06 then we can turn the booking number in and get $100.00 per person ship board credit. This is a nice surprise because I really thought we would just get our deposit back. Anyway we may book on the Elation in January for the 5 day sailing even though we did this trip on the Celebration in 2003. The price is pretty good. Still wish we could sail together. Maybe someday in the future!

Post Edited (09-07-05 20:37)
Old September 7th, 2005, 10:12 PM
ray b

I too was dumped off the Elation Xmas sailing with the offer of refund and $100 per person future on board ship credit. My question has anyone had success in getting the credit on previously booked sailings but not yet sailed.
Old September 8th, 2005, 09:22 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Carnival_CD_AndiKX Send a message via Yahoo to Carnival_CD_AndiKX

Im sorry about the post i made i was just having a bad day. i think it is really bad that its two hundred dollars more. well i guess i will be a better person next time. i shouldn't have been a bad boarder. Well have fun on your next cruise. God Bless the victims.
Old September 9th, 2005, 07:27 AM
Cruise Maniac

I think we are all having bad days with all that is happening. We really are sad about what the evacuees are going through and we really don't have anything to be upset about. We just have planned this trip for along time and are just really disappointed. It's kinda like learning there is no Santa. Thanks!