Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 14th, 2005, 02:27 PM
Passenger

Default Is it hard to get a cab at Port of Miami?

If a person hasn't arranged for a cab ahead of time, are there a lot of cabs at the port after a ship docks? What is the cost to go from the port to Ft Lauderdale Airport?

Mariel
Sponsored Links
Old September 14th, 2005, 02:30 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

No, it is not hard to get a cab at either Miami or Ft Lauderdale airport.

Im curious why you are flying to Miami for a Ft Lauderdale sail. It is about a $75 cab ride (I have had to do it before) and takes 30 - 45 minutes depending on traffic.

Much better to fly in to Ft Lauderdale. Cab to dock is about $8.00

Cab from Miami to pier is about $22 (I think)
Old September 14th, 2005, 02:54 PM
Beginner

Default Miami to Ft Lauderdale

We have a cruise going out of Ft Lauderdale in December. I had trouble booking a direct flight from Reagan Natl Airport to Ft Lauderdale (I detest changing planes) and ended up with a better deal going into Miami. We are going to be staying one night in Miami to visit a friend and will need to get transportation up to Ft. Lauderdale. Thanks for the estimate of cab fare. I did a little reseach and looks like we might be able to get a limo/towncar service for around $60.
You might want to consider getting Carnival's transfer service for the trip back from Ft. Lauderdale to the Miami airport. The website indicates its under $50.
Old September 14th, 2005, 03:00 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Re: Miami to Ft Lauderdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Wu
The website indicates its under $50.
Ah yes, but $50 per person most likely. The thing about the car service is true, you can get one for about $55, but you have to arrange it in advance.

Here is something else to look at - tho I have never tried it: Rail between airports: http://www.tri-rail.com/
Old September 14th, 2005, 04:09 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Miami to Ft Lauderdale

Sorry, guess I didn't make myself clear. We're on the Liberty transatlantic, docking in Miami on Nov 9th. We were supposed to dock in Ft Lauderdale, but Carnival made a last minute change to the Port of Miami. I had already made my plane reservation on Air Tran, flying out of Ft Lauderdale. Our flight leaves at 11:39am. They are offering oneway transfers from Miami to Ft Lauderdale Airport for $10. I'm thinking about buying the transfers and then if for some reason we were delayed getting off the ship, we'd run out and grab a cab. We'll get home about 7 hours earlier, if we can make that 11:39 flight. If we miss that flight, we have to go standby on a later flight.
Old September 14th, 2005, 04:16 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Well ... that is different, Fie on Carnival for doing that, but at least the $10 transfer ticket is reasonable. I 'm glad you are not ranting & raving like a lot of people would be.