Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 16th, 2005, 09:46 AM
First Mate

Default Carnival Gripe!!!!!

I have emailed my carnival rep. twice about different ?? on our cruise. This last time I emailed him about purchasing an upgrade and the return email was in Caps like he was YELLING at me and not very nice. He was so sweet when we were booking. I am thoroughly disappointed and hope choosing Carnival was not a mistake. We always cruise RCCL and thought we'd give Carnival a try to go on the Liberty. Hope this isn't what all Carnival employees are like!
Sponsored Links
Old September 16th, 2005, 09:56 AM
Admiral

You will not be disappointed in Carnival at all! The rudeness of this employee is no way will reflect the employees on the ship. We've cruised Carnival numerous tiimes and have enjoyed every one!

I would report this idiot to his supervisor, there is no need for behavior like that. And find yourself another rep or a good travel agent.

Good luck to you and don't let this knucklehead ruin your wonderful Carnival cruise!

8/92 Mex. Riv. Commodore
9/98, 9/00, 9/02 & 7/04 Caribbean - Paradise
10/00, 08/05 Pac. Wtrs. Holiday, Monarch
04/06 Hawaii - Celebrity Summit
09/07 Alaska - Celebrity Summit
07/09 Western Caribbean RCCL Liberty of the Seas
Old September 16th, 2005, 10:01 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

If you're not happy with your Carnival "Personal Vacation Planner" you can transfer your booking to any travel agent with no problems.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old September 16th, 2005, 10:34 AM
First Mate

Thanks! I will do that. He did even offer how to get an upgrade, and I said I knew I'd have to pay to get one. He lost business and $$ for Carnival!
Old September 16th, 2005, 12:12 PM
Passenger

My Carnival experience has always been wonderful!! My room stewards and my waiters have always been very attentive and curtious. Don't let this experience cloud your cruise. You are in for some incredible fun and relaxation.
Old September 16th, 2005, 02:15 PM
Captain

never had any problems with carnival have always been friendly and helpful we have always gone throu a travel agent
Old September 16th, 2005, 06:42 PM
Yeoman

I have been on 2 Carnival ships...The Carnival Pride and the Ecstasy. I never had any problems with the crew. They were all wonderful and made both our cruises most enjoyable. Our booking agent, however, was a different story. He was totally nice when booking, and happily answered all of our questions until we booked. Once we were booked, he became sort of an ass. He was rude, always rushed us off the phone, never returned calls, and just wasn't very good at his job after we booked. And, we didn't even call THAT much. When I called to booked an upgraded room, that was several hundred dollars more expensive, he bacame nice again. Anything for a sale. I bet we had the same agent.
Old September 16th, 2005, 07:47 PM
First Mate

Sure sounds like we did! Think we are going to upgrade, but I am going to call Mon. and talk to someone else!!!!!
Old September 16th, 2005, 07:58 PM
Yeoman

Good luck and have a great time on your cruise.
Old September 16th, 2005, 08:23 PM
Admiral

Sunlover:
Carnival is a four star line in my opinion,and you will not! be disappointed
Old September 17th, 2005, 09:52 PM
Passenger

i never had a problem with carnivals pvp, i would just switch to someone else.
Old September 17th, 2005, 10:25 PM
Captain

We used Carnival for our 1st Cruise experience. We loved it so much we booked again for next February. Please do not give up and enjoy your cruise.

Nancy & John
Sensation - 2008
Miracle - 2009
Fascination - Feb 2010
Destiny - 2010
Miracle - Feb 2011
Dream - 2011
Elation - 2012
Old September 17th, 2005, 10:34 PM
Admiral

Don't let one agent spoil your opinion of Carnival. We have done 4 CArnival cruises, soon to be #5 and #6, and never had a complaint. If you are going on Liberty, you are lucky because Carnival's BEST entertainment duo is playing on Liberty. They, and alot of other staff, were transferred to Liberty from Valor after our last cruise. So look for excellent staff, service, food, and entertainment!

donna
Old September 18th, 2005, 06:47 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Just got back from number 6with Carnival on the Glory. Never had a bad cruise with them. Food, entertainment and service are always the best.

Laura
Old September 18th, 2005, 11:14 PM
Beginner

I'm afraid I must disagree with most of you. I've been on 4 Carnival cruises, and was unhappy with Carnival on 2 of them.

My last cruise was the Valor, 8/21 - 8/28. The first problem was because Carnival had booked a large group. Here's what I wrote on another thread regarding large groups:

There was an extremely large group (approx 1/3 the ship), celebrating the Hispanic version of sweet 16 (except it's 15).

The biggest problem was that because of the size of the group, we were bumped out of our requested late seating, and put in the early seating, which we do not like at all. The maitre'd was unable or unwilling to help us. This caused a major problem for us in Belize, which was a tender port and also a formal night. I was extremely disappointed in Carnival's handling of this.

The kids weren't too bad, just overwhelming. They were like ants at a picnic!

Had I known that Carnival would not have honored my seating, I would have probably not gone that week.

This was my 4th, and probably last Carnival cruise.

What I forgot to mention was that my waiter that night (who was excellent all other times) really rushed us through dinner.

Also, Carnival's food is just OK. While most of the food was really good, none of it was great, and some was only borderline.

I also was unhappy with the excursion company I used in Cozumel.

The trip before that, I had a security problem that Carnival totally mishandled.

On all my trips (all out of Miami), embarkation and debarkation have been a nightmare!

While I liked Carnival because of their young atmosphere, having had two teenage daughters, I'm ready to move on. I feel that Carnival, because they are so big, has a take it or leave it attitude. (This is really directed at their corporate attitude). I must say that just about every crewmember I encountered (waiters, busboys, cabin attendants, etc.) (Except for one, but there's always "one") were extremely helpful and friendly.

I know this review is rambling all over the place, but it's too late to read and edit it. The bottom line, it seems that each successive cruise I've been on, Carnival seems to have grown a little more complacent.

Anyway, for us it's time to move on.
Old September 19th, 2005, 12:56 AM
Admiral

We have done 17 CCL cruises so far and 24? total with all lines. All of the cruises have been good and some great. I can think of two on CCL that were not too good but we repeated both of those ships and the second time was great. Just a matter of differant waiters and room stewards and ot staff. As for the groups, that happens all the time and on all the lines. The Hispanic Sweet 16 patries are nothing all that new and have been going on for years. It is just a new thing with the families trying to outdo the others by having a big to do over their daughter. Much like a coming out party. You are of course much more likely to find this on a ship that leaves from San Juan or a 3/4 day cruise from Miami. You really cannot blame the line for that. On the cruise we just came off we have some next door nieghbors who were very inconsiderate and loud and drunk kids. Security was right there whenever we called but they didn't get nasty loud until the final days which were all at sea so not much could be done as they can't set them adrift. (unfortunately) I might add that this was the first time anyone drunk kept us awake or bothered us on a CCL ship but we have had problems twice on four RCI ships! I don't think that means there are more drunks on RCI, it just happened to turn out that way. There are rude and nasty people in all walks of life and come in all income, racial, social, and regional backgrounds. There are also many great people as well from the same groups, it is just the luck of the draw.
Jim
Old September 20th, 2005, 05:07 PM
Admiral

I've been pretty happy with Carnival so far, as well (3 cruises).

You might consider that he didn't realize all caps was "yelling". I can't tell you the number of people of this board that when told to stop yelling didn't realize....

Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old September 20th, 2005, 06:28 PM
Yeoman

For years we only cruised RCCL and Princess. But the price and two new Carnival ships (Valor and Legend) made us change our minds. We were pleasantly surprised at the different age groups and loved the ships, but not all the decor. Could not stand the urns on Legend. I still see them after two years! We will probably take Liberty with the grandchildren next year, but we look forward to Jewel of the Seas - 12/11/2005. We also loved Golden Princess, but Carribean Princess not as much and no real reason why. Anyway happy sailing to all!
cruise #19 booked: Crown Princess, 9/30/06

cruise #20 booked: Carnival Liberty, 1/14/07
Old September 20th, 2005, 06:51 PM
Beginner

Me and hubby have cruised with Carnival 3 three times and
have another booked next June on the Victory. We enjoyed
our first two very much, the most recent one on the Celebration
which is a smaller ship and older was not quite so enjoyable.
Mainly a lot more kids and less space to move around. The service
however, was just as good as ever. We have always had good
luck with Carnival with service and booking. Go and enjoy!!!!!
Old September 20th, 2005, 08:00 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to outdoors27

Hi MRW39,

We were on the Valor with you on 8/21 and suffered the same fate as you did with our dinning arrangements. I do have to disagree with you about the kids, we thouight they were off the wall. Other than that my wife and I love Carnival. Have a good night.
Old September 22nd, 2005, 08:19 PM
Passenger

Carnival is the best! We are headed to Alaska next and there was never a question as to which cruise line. Enjoy your cruise!
Old September 23rd, 2005, 06:32 PM
Admiral

I really need to add that simply because he/she happened to send you an e-mail using caps is no reason to be upset with you. I am sure it was not meant to indicate that he/she wanted to yell at you. Just an Internet error.
Jim