CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Platinum Card Perk...... (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/301719-platinum-card-perk.html)

cruzn buckeye September 30th, 2005 07:24 AM

Platinum Card Perk......

:D We just got a perk for being a Carnival Platinum Card member ( over 10 cruises)! We just went on our 14th Carnival cruise. On Friday night we received a letter in our mailbox outside our cabin door which stated that as a valued Carnival Platinum Card member we are invited to join early debarkation ( this was not the self-assist group). We were able to leave the ship at 8:30. We did not carry our luggage off.
This worked out great for us! Carnival tells us that there are more perks to be added!

David West September 30th, 2005 08:25 AM

cruzn buckeye

With that kind of loyality, I would think Carnival should do something really nice for you and others like you. And hopefully, you will get something really nice out of this :!: You deserve it. :D

Happy Sailing and smooth seas to you;
David :)

MichelleP September 30th, 2005 09:54 AM

That's great! We're on our way to Platinum status so I hope they offer more perks soon.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

David West October 1st, 2005 07:36 PM

cruzn buckeye

Is this the Carnival credit card your talking about :?: Or is there another type of Carnival Platinum Card :?:

Thanks;
David :)

Dorothy October 1st, 2005 10:01 PM

I believe Buckeye is talking about his sail and sign card. Golds cards for 2-9 cruises and platinum for 10 and up.

I'm glad to hear there are some perks offered for these cards. We are platinum, but only got a few "glad to have you back"comments.

dorothy

David West October 1st, 2005 10:14 PM

Thanks Dorothy :!: We're diffently on our way to the Platinum status :!: Got 7 to go after our Valor cruise, but we'll get there .

Happy cruising;
david :)

Jim Bragg October 2nd, 2005 11:29 AM

We, or at least I, had to laugh when we boarded the Glory a few weeks ago. I had a Platnium card and my wife had a Gold card! :-? All the staff were so accomodating to me with this card while with my wifes gold card they were nice but not bowing and scraping like they were to the Platmiun folks. Boy was she ticked off and wanted to know why and who in the world I was cruising with without her! LOL It was very nice. Not sure if the Platmiun card was the reason or not but I was invited to a 'special' cocktail party with the Captian & Staff Officers in a small room. Very nicec with great hor dors' and call drinks. Not like the past cruisers party as the food and drinks were really fancier and we were able to talk with the senior Officers and Captian. I say I am not sure if it was the Platmiun card or not as I did know a few of the Staff and not sure if it was their doing or the card. I did see a family in there but there was only about two dozen people in there besides the Staff. Anyone with a Platnium card get this? :?:
Jim

Dorothy October 2nd, 2005 05:09 PM

I mis-posted - I'm gold, not platinum, so not as much bowing and scraping! LOL

dorothy

mikee October 3rd, 2005 08:38 PM

jim, going on our 17th carnival cruise since 1990 and leaving
on nov.12,2005 on the liberty. don't have a clue yet on the
platinum card as our last cruise in nov.2004 on the destiny
there wasn't any different levels for the sign & sail cards.
will let you know when we return from our cruise if we get
the same treatment as you or it was you knowing some of
the staff. It always pays to know someone.

JeanS October 3rd, 2005 09:49 PM

Jim, I'm surprised at you...you're the moderator on a cruising board and you don't know how to spell "Captain"! hahaha

Sorry, I know most people probably couldn't care less, but I just couldn't resist! LOL

Jim Bragg October 3rd, 2005 11:42 PM

Hi Jean! "I" know how to spell "Captain", it is just my fingeres that don't know! LOL
Jim