Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 11th, 2005, 10:21 PM
Beginner

Default Carnival cruise ship/Belize

What Carnival cruise ship do you recommend sailing to Belize? I know theres only a few with that destination. I just went on my first Snorkling excursion while on a cruise and I loved it. I've heard that Belize is one of the best places to snorkle. K
Sponsored Links
Old October 12th, 2005, 08:33 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Cruiser921,
We did the Western on Carnival Glory and had a stop at Belize. We too did a snorkeling excursion to Goffs caye. The snorkeling there was great, I was amazed at the coral and fish. It was about a half an hour boat ride out to this tiny island. We booked it directly through Carnival.

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 12th, 2005, 10:29 AM
Cruise Maniac

We also went to Goff's Caye, but the snorkeling wasn't good at all; hardly any fish. We had to "follow the leader" and he wouldn't let us go to close to the coral, which would be where the fish were, because inexperienced snorkelers might damage it. Weather might have had something to do with the snorkeling conditions; it wasn't raining, but was overcast. We might have come in after a storm. Or, we just got stuck with a bad guide. In any case, everyone's experience will be different.

BUT, all in all, this excursion was fun and stress free. The caye itself was beautiful (our friends, who decided not to snorkel from the boat, snorkeled around the caye and saw lots of small, colorful fish). The tour boat picks you up and drops you off right at the ship, which eliminates the long tender ride into Belize City. The boat ride over to the caye was also fun--it seems you are really in the middle of nowhere! There are snacks for sale on the caye (hot dogs, chicken and drinks), but I suggest bringing a little something from the ship (at least some water).

PS.........we had also heard that the snorkeling on Belize was the best and that probably added to the disappointment, as my expectations were very high. On our trip, I would rate Cozumel snorkeling (Chankanaab) as 1st, Grand Cayman (Eden Rock, Smith's Cove) as 2nd, and Belize a distant 3rd. By the way, we were on the Inspiration in June, 2003 (that's when she sailed the 7 day Western route)
Old October 12th, 2005, 11:33 AM
Admiral

I personally like the itinerary of the Miracle best. It has 4 stops instead of 3 - Grand Cayman, Costa Maya, Belize and Cozumel. We just returned last month and really enjoyed all the stops.

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old October 12th, 2005, 04:38 PM
Admiral

We probably enjoyed the Legend best at it went to Costa Rica and Panama as well as Belize and it was an 8 day cruise. <G>
Jim