Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 13th, 2005, 02:21 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default WOOO HOOOO!!!!!!

Doing the doc dance here...FINALLY!!! Carnival Liberty, here I come in 24 days!!!

We don't stop playing because we grow old...we grow old because we stop playing!
Sponsored Links
Old December 13th, 2005, 02:28 PM
Admiral

just curious, what music are you listening to,while you are doing your doc dance

I trhink we should come up with a term, when we do the "final bill underneath my cabin door" dance
Old December 13th, 2005, 02:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi Venice

Remember the song "Celebrate" from ...let's see...(I'll be dating myself here a bit)...1980...1981? THAT'S the one!!

And how about we call that nonexistant little jig we do on the day we disembark the "BUMD' dance....first of all because it's depressing as all getout and also the letters stand for "Bill-under-my-door" Kind of dorky but what can I say....I'm in a tizzy over FINALLY getting my cruise docs!!!

We don't stop playing because we grow old...we grow old because we stop playing!
Old December 13th, 2005, 04:21 PM
Cruise Maniac

We are also sailing on that day from Ft. Lauderdale. I have never sailed from that port I always sail from Miami. I have read all teh reviews and looked up all the pictures. I can not do my DOc dance until Christmas. YOu see it is a surprise from my hubby but some one sliped and I found out. He doens`t know so I will do the dance for him on christmas morning . Ihope we have great weather that week. I am from wayyyyyyyyyy up north so anything is an improvement jeje.
Old December 13th, 2005, 05:31 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi suebecdan,

How far North are you talking here? I'm from North Dakota...WAYYYYY up North!...A girlfriend and I will be going on the cruise...her first, my second...it's going to be a blast!
What a nice surprise from your husband!!! Oh well...it gives you time to brush up on your dance moves before X-mas!!

Old December 15th, 2005, 12:02 PM
Cruise Maniac

Colleen, We are from Montreal, Canada. We are expecting a snow storm tonight and tomorrow, which makes me more anxious to leave. Between the Christmas shopping and the cruise packing I may go nuts before the 7th jeje.
Old December 15th, 2005, 03:05 PM
Admiral

Colleen..I lived in Fargo for 3 years and thought the nicest people in the world live in Fargo

I believe "Celebrate" was by 3 Dog Night and was a hit in the 70's, so you are not dating yourself enough

What city in North Dakota are you from ? There was a great article in last Sunday's paper about how Grand Forks recovered from your flood and drew comparisions to how New Orleans should recover from our flood
Old December 15th, 2005, 03:37 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi Venice,

I'm from Bismarck, ND. Fargo is about 3 hours East of here and I'm heading that direction for the weekend!
Actually, the "Celebrate" song I was writting about is by Kool and the Gang and it's definately early 80's. 3 Dog Night's "Celebrate" is a good one too!

Yes..I heard something about the article. The Red River Valley flood from the early 90's here in North Dakota was awful BUT not nearly the magnitude of flooding like down where you're from and also there were no deaths attributed to "our" flood....HUGE difference I think.
We're pretty tough folks up here though and will get through "hell or high water" everytime as my Dad used to say!!

Old December 15th, 2005, 07:02 PM
Admiral

Coleen..visited Bismark several times during my tenure in North Dakota and loved it

I think the Kool and the Gang song was actually entitled "Celebration" but I'm impressed that you party to one of my favorite soul groups from that era, so in my book, you are cool and I'm sure you'll have them play that song when you are on your cruise in the disco (also have them play the 3 Dog Night song in my honor (VBG)

The article focused on how the community worked together to rebuild the city in terms of gaining "buy in" from all segments of the community and the tough decisions the elected leadership had to make in terms of home owners rebuilding..In essence it provided a good foot print for New Orleans

Gee, now I'll go dig into my CD collection and play some Kool and the Gang and figure out how I can go on another cruise soon...FYI, I saw Kool and the Gang on a "Old School" cruise two years ago and loved them