Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 5th, 2006, 10:15 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Trying again..South Beach Hotels

I posted this under hotels last week and haven't gotten any answers. I am booked on Carnival out of Miami in May, would like to do a pre or post hotel in South Beach. Has anyone stayed there? Looking for clean, safe, not too noisy. Been reading all reviews on TripAdvisor and more confused than ever. A friend from here recommended the Kent, I've been looking at the Doubletree Surfcomber and South Seas also. Anyone please?
Sponsored Links
Old February 5th, 2006, 12:26 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

I highly recommend Priceline for South Beach. If you bid on 4 star, in South Beach, you can't go wrong... and can likely get a 4 star hotel for just over $100.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old February 6th, 2006, 11:06 AM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks for the reply, Kuki. I am really nervous about using Priceline. I'm one of those people who has to pick my exact cabin on the ship, exact seat on the plane...etc. ( I can be a real pain in the neck, I know, it just feels safer that way). I already decided on the HolidayInn Bayside for pre cruise...looks reasonable and convenient. I've never seen South Beach area so thought post cruise one night would be good...want to be close enough to walk to the shops and go on the beach. I did look on Priceline, they had a 4* reasonable enough, I'm just afraid it may be up in the north end of Miami Beach...like to avoid all the taxis if I could. Also, I've read that they look down there noses at you if you are a priceline customer. Is that true? Guess I may have to bite the bullet and try it sometimes, though. By the way, thanks for the great review on the Island Princess cruise...I read along with it every day..it felt like I was there with you all and it was wonderful.
Old March 6th, 2006, 12:18 AM
Passenger

I stayed at a Holiday Inn on South Beach, 2 nights before cruise. I don't believe it was the bayside though. The hotel I used was very clean and oceanfront ($99 per night) excellent location. It also had an Outback Steakhouse in the same building. I would highly recommend this hotel and would use again if leaving from Miami.
Old March 7th, 2006, 09:12 AM
Passenger

The wife and I traveling to Miami 3/31 for a couple of days before we sail 4/2 on valor. First trip to south beach for us so we aren't sure what to expect. I tried to do my own research online by checking out numerous hotels and reading guest reviews. We booked a room at the Hotel Impala(1228 Collins Ave. Miami FL. 33139)thru hotels.com. I was hoping to find something nice that was within walking distance to the beach and nightlife without spending a ton of money. It cost just under $200.00 a night which didn't seem bad for the quality of the hotel and the location. You can checkout the website yourself and see what you think. I would be glad to let you know how it works out when we return from our trip. We're just winging it and planning on having a good time no matter what.
Old March 7th, 2006, 10:58 AM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks to all for the replies. I ended up booking the Royal Palm through Hotwire for $147+tax......the betterbidding.com web site explained how to read the logos to guess what hotels are being offered, so I did that. Probably could have gotten it cheaper on Princeline but not completely comfortable with that yet, maybe next time! Happy sails........