Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 3rd, 2006, 09:23 AM
Beginner

Default carnival "holiday"...any recont returns???

we are scheduled for the 4-15-06 sailing from mobile alabama and have heard some negative feedback about the condition of the ship. please respond if you have info. the ship was drydocked for reburbishing. it seems they may have rushed things a bit.
Sponsored Links
Old April 3rd, 2006, 06:09 PM
Beginner

I was on the 3/27 to 4/1 cruise as a first time cruiser. It will be close to never before i want to cruise again. I'll say something good first (it won't take long) the midnight buffet in the four winds dining room on the second night was fantastic. It was what I expected and more. WOW. The room steward we had - Gerado was great. Beyond that well my cabin didn't have the pulldown bunks it was supposed to so my kid slept on a matress on the floor. the ports were changed and we were notified at the time of embarking. The plumbing had been replaced but lines wern't cleaned out and the debris had clogged all the filters so the water didn't flow. We couldn't take showers nor could the crew. Our waiter developed quite the odor. The toilets didn't flush well with no water in them to move the solid waste down. At least in your cabin you can pour a bowl of water from the sink in and flush it. Beware of the vapors at night though. Also at night they really crank up the engines and if your in the back half of the boat bring ear plugs and be prepared not to hear anyone or the TV or sleep over the rattles and vibrations and noise. The very first night we thought our window was coming loose. They did fix the hot tubs - they were working on the last day, the lido deck is nasty and the buffet is of the caliber of most high school cafeterias. If you want food go to the dining room. Don't count on any frozen desserts though - they were always melted. They couldn't even serve the baked alaska. Stay away from the Spinach and ricotta pasta with mushroom sauce it has hair in it. The wifi doesn't work if you have a laptop - don't bother. I could go on about cut shore leave and late arrival, canceled shore excursions, overpriced drinks, boring camp carnival (7 year old opinion) and more but I think you should know by now to run for your life. The only out I can offer you is they have a refund policy for 24 hours from the point they notify you of a port change. If you are scheduled for cozumel you will not be going there. there is hurricane damage that prevents too many ships from docking at any given time and well the hoilday is a small old ship with no priority from carnival or anyone else. Bon Voyage
If you wish to know more horrors email me - Julie