Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 9th, 2006, 09:49 PM
Passenger

Default Help! Quad instead of Disability

This is my first cruise - I'm going on it with a big group of friends and family. We booked it almost 2 years ago. When doing so, we requested a disability room for my dbf's brother. He has a TBI and is considered legally blind. We wanted this room bc it is sometimes hard for him to maneuver and so on. He has had the disability cabin on Royal Carribean and it worked out great. But - instead 4 of us got put into a quad. I don't really know a whole lot about them - but have heard that they are small. Is this going to be a problem? We will be on the Valor.
Sponsored Links
Old April 9th, 2006, 10:05 PM
Passenger

We just returned today from a week on the Victory....5 of us (2 adults and 5,6,7 y/o kids) shared a very spacious cabin on the main deck (2414). I was amazed how large it was. This was my 13th cruise and We enjoyed the ship quite a bit.
Old April 10th, 2006, 06:09 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Quad

I once had a quad that was designed for the disabled. Quad just means accomodates four. If you are concerned that you may not be receiving the cabins specified, call Carnival and ask them at 1-800-CARNIVAL.

Happy cruising!
Old April 10th, 2006, 12:27 PM
Admiral

I would, in this case, phone Carnival right away to make sure you are getting a Quad room which would work for your friend.
I guess it would depend on WHICH room you get:an Inside/outside/balcony Quad. Do you know your cabin #??
We were on Valor 1104(Spa Deck) Quad Oceanview with floor-ceiling window on the one side. Very spacious for us- 2 adults&2kids.
You will have a good time on this nice ship. Have a great cruise and I hope the room thing works out.