Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 23rd, 2006, 11:35 AM
Passenger

Default Embarkation Time

Hello There,
Me and my family will be boarding the Holiday next week June 1st for a 4 day cruise!!! And I know I have read it on here before, but can't seem to find it. Does anyone know how early we can board the ship? Embarkation starts at 1:30 and I have heard some people say they were able to get on before 1:30. The Carnival website tells you not to arrive prior to 30 mins early. Does anyone know how early we can board????
Sponsored Links
Old May 23rd, 2006, 12:52 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Boarding for almost all cruises usually commences around 12:00 noon. I usually arrive at the pier around 11:30 a.m. and I am usually on the ship by 12:30. There are times that your cabin may not be ready when you board and may have to wait a bit so don't take to many carry on items with you.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old May 23rd, 2006, 02:44 PM
Cruise Maniac

I try to get to the pier around 11am, and am usually on board having lunch by noon. I haven't found the Port of Mobile any different from any other port in that aspect.

IF your cabin isn't ready for you, ask the steward if you can put your carry-ons in the closet out of his way. I'm sure he will be happy to oblige.

14 Carnival cruises
3 Princess cruises
2 HAL cruises
2 NCL cruises
3 RCL cruises
All fantastic voyages!
Old May 25th, 2006, 02:57 PM
Cruise Maniac

Mrs.P:
What port are you sailing from: Carnival states not to arrive before 1:30 in most ports - we are out of NYC on June 5th and many people in my area here in NYC have advised to arrive, as Mike said, around 11:30 am. You will process more quickly and although the cabin might not be ready at that time, you can take swim suit etc. on your carry on bag, change clothes in your room and lock the bag - leave it there. Make sure your cabin steward knows who you are and what you are doing! They will take good care of your things and lock your cabin when done.

We plan on getting to port earlier than the cruise lines state; I'd rather sit at the dock if I have to than stand on a boarding line for 2 hours or more when everyone starts arriving at 2 PM!

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not really wasted at all" ~ John Lennon
Carnival Victory to N/E & Canada 7 days
Old May 25th, 2006, 03:23 PM
Passenger

We are sailing from the Mobile, AL port. Thanks we will plan to get there around 11:30.
Old May 25th, 2006, 09:18 PM
Cruise Maniac

Mrs.P:
i checked the carnival brochures - Mobile is 1:30 just like NYC - so I suggest you get there early as we stated on previous posts....what's the worst that could happen? You'd end up first on line?! That's what I'm thinking too! (hee hee)

We're planning to arrive around 11:30-12 noon,,,,,,beat the rush. Safe trip to you and yours!

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not really wasted at all" ~ John Lennon
Carnival Victory to N/E & Canada 7 days
Old May 26th, 2006, 09:22 AM
Cruise Maniac

Experience has taught me to get there at 11am. You would be surprised how many people are there by 11:30 / 12:00.
Previous Cruises since 1985 Carnival (32) - Holiday X4, Jubilee, Celebration X3, Fantasy X2, Ecstasy, Sensation X2, Fascination X2, Destiny X2, Victory, Triumph X2, Glory X2, Legend X3, Pride X2, Miracle X3, Dream, Splendor
Cunard - Countess
NCL - Norway
Premier - Rembrandt
Celebrity - Zenith
RCI - Explorer of the Seas

Old May 26th, 2006, 09:23 AM
Passenger

Thanks beachbumMom,
We will plan to arrive at around 11:30. Hey! I am all about being first in line, hey that means first in line at the lido deck for lunch. Just kiddin' But thanks for the advice. And you all have a great time, let us know how it went and I will plan to do the same. 6 more days!!!! But who's counting????
Old May 26th, 2006, 09:26 AM
Passenger

Thanks Jamman!!!
Old May 26th, 2006, 09:34 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbumMom
Mrs.P:
i checked the carnival brochures - Mobile is 1:30 just like NYC - so I suggest you get there early as we stated on previous posts!
If you had read my above post, you wouldn't have had to look it up. I've sailed on the Holiday out of Moblie, and had already answered the question. Oh well.........

14 Carnival cruises
3 Princess cruises
2 HAL cruises
2 NCL cruises
3 RCL cruises
All fantastic voyages!
Old May 26th, 2006, 10:17 AM
Cruise Maniac

I am also one that believes in early arrival ... in fact I arrive around 9:30 or 10a ... sure I may have to wait in line a bit ... but I am in the building where it is either warm or cool depending on the time of year and I am one of the first in line ...

The longest I have had to stand is 45 minutes ... waiting for the security to open the scanners ... during this time I met fellow travelers and had fun chatting about the cruise about to happen and past cruises ... best part was met some people that actually lived less then an hour from us ...

Last time out of Miami ... got to the port about 9:30 ... was sitting down at 10:30 and then aboard the ship at 11:10 ...

OK so that is almost a 2 hour wait ... what was I going to do in the hotel room ... twiddle my thumbs ... I am much to anxious to start my cruise to wait in a hotel room or even go shopping ... For me the fun begins the moment I leave home ... and when I get to the port ... no matter how early .. I could not be happier ...

As posted, most people tend to arrive around noon ... this causes long lines and that tends to make it feel like forever to get on even if the line is moving fast ...

Go at the time that is best for you ... if you do not mind waiting in line to be one of the first on ... go about 10 ... there are usually chairs available to sit in ... again if you want no lines but are one of the last to board go about 3 ...

Most of all ... look at embarkation not as a hassle but a chance to get ready for the fun and to meet other cruisers going ... if you are with family and friends then a chance to talk over what you are going to do and such ... have fun ...

Candy

1st Cruise Fantasy 2004
Old May 26th, 2006, 12:01 PM
Passenger

Thanks Candy,
I REALLY appreciate that and yes it is 24 of us going mostly family and a few friends!!! And we cannot begin to express how excited we are and how forward we are looking to this. This is my 3rd, DH's 2nd, and the kid's 1st!!! So the main topic in our house lately has been CRUISE!!!!! !!!! I plan to be there early!!!! Thanks for the input!!!!
Old May 26th, 2006, 12:30 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

You have been given some very good advice, I just want to say good luck and have fun.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old May 26th, 2006, 01:34 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luanne Russo
You have been given some very good advice, I just want to say good luck and have fun.

Luanne

Yes I have and I appreciate them all and plan to follow them, thanks a bunch!!!