Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 3rd, 2006, 10:51 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo
Default WHAT DO DUCT TAPE AND CRUISING HAVE IN COMMON?

I didn't mean to wait this long to post this, but I had forgotten I said I would. So now the subject is duct tape.

Duct tape has been around for many years, but the first time I ever heard someone say take it on a cruise, I thought they were crazy. They also said to take a crock pot, because the ship ran out of cooked food, so you know how that goes.

Anyway, The crock pot wouldn't fit in my suitcase, but the tape did.
The first cruise I didn't use it, and it came back home with us, but on cruise #2 and 3 we used it several times.

As you know, duct tape is water proof, and pretty much stays where you want it to stay.

On this cruise, I taped the shower to the wall, to keep it from opening up when we were showering. A strip of it on the bottom of the shower also keeps it from getting water all over the floor. A couple of pieces of it will also keep you from slipping in the shower floor.

We did a back to back cruises in Dec. so on the first formal night of a total of 3, I torn the bottom of my formal dress. You guessed it. Good old duct tape.

We ordered the Bon Voyage package which included decorations for the room. It was made of heavy aluminum, and about 3 o'clock in the morning, the whole thing fell on us in bed. You guessed right again. We duct taped that sucker. Stayed in place the rest of the cruise.

There was also the time that we duct taped our kids stateroom, so we could see if they left after we told them to go to bed.
Just kidding, but it isn't a bad idea.

So you see, you must not leave home without it. You never know when you might need it.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Sponsored Links