Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 11th, 2006, 04:02 PM
Beginner

Default 1st timers depart. 07/17/06 w/?'s ;help~ASAP

we are cruising for the 1st time in less than a week !!!! ( and umm yep , you got we haven't packed anything yet ) well i do have i believe all the required documents i need ; this cruise is being made by my hubby , myself and our youngest of 4 children = a 15 y.o. son , we leave on mon. july 17th out of miami on the " fascination " at 4p.m. going to key west , calica and then back to miami w/ 1 day of fun at sea . #1 question is my 15 y.o. son was born in england at a u.s. military installation hospital ( hubby served 24 yrs. before retiring ) ; our 15 y.o. has a " report of birth abroad " certificate , on the bottom of this it reads " a consular report of birth is proof of u.s. citizenship by law:22 usc 2705" one source of information indicates that this is acceptable , another says no , he needs a passport { we left england when he was 3 1/2 m.o. , his passport from then expired may of ' 96 , so even w/ the 10 yrs. past expiration being allowed that brings us to umm may of ' 06 , SOOOOOOO does anymore know 100 % for sure w/o any shadow of doubt if indeed his report of birth abroad is acceptable ? 2) being this is our 1st cruise , anything tying in w/ cruising is basically all knew to us , we didn't fully realize a need to book excursions well in advance of our cruise and at this point of what we know of , there is nothing available through carnival in calica that we'd like to do for the " few " hrs. we are there , can we still manage to do something there on our own : ie. such as tulum and / or xcaret ? what is the price of taxi's / buses ? 3) lastly any other advice , tips , etc. that any 1 can give us would be appreciated { i've already read many ... and took note of them from the other forums that cruisemates has . ( BTW a side note to share w/ all of you thus cruise is tying in w/ a wish being granted to our 15 y.o. son = GEOFF through KIDS WISH NETWORK ( comparable to make a wish ) , geoff was born w/ a heart defect ... ) we all are looking forward to this cruise , and maybe even a little bit nervous , etc. { well at least i am ) ty in advance for any respones to this message <><><><><><> gee , my hubby and i even luck out on this cruise = our 30th wedd. anniv. is july 17th <><><><><>[/b]
Sponsored Links
Old July 11th, 2006, 07:16 PM
Admiral

Hi irm,

Welcome to Cruisemates!

First, I'd suggest that you call Carnival and ask about your son's ID.

I can't "know 100 % for sure w/o any shadow of doubt if indeed his report of birth abroad is acceptable ?", but, if it were me, I'd take both the birth certificate and his expired passport. Also, take a photo ID if he has one. I don't know about where you live, but here we can get a state ID at the DMV.

Have a wonderful cruise and Happy Anniversary!

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old July 11th, 2006, 08:13 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to cruzaddict

Hi irm

On the issue of the birth cert/passport I must ditto what Fern wrote. I "think" you will be fine but am not sure 100%.

I mainly just wanted to tell you not to give up hope for desirable excursions. I have not been to Calica yet, but on my first and only cruise thus far, my group of 18 people all signed up for excursions late in the afternoon before 1st port day, (Because we were advised to wait until they have the "shore excursions" discussion in the main lounge to know better what we wanted to do) and we all got what we requested. I know now that we were quite lucky and I will not wait again if I know in advance what I'd like to do, but I wanted you to know that there is still hope!

Congratulations on your 1st cruise, wedding anniversary, and Geoff's wish being granted! I wish you all the best

Carnival Ecstasy 4-06, Carnival Conquest 9-07
Mariner OTS 9-08, Carnival Conquest 2-09
Carnival Conquest 9-09, Carnival Fantasy 1-10
Carnival Triumph 5-11, Mariner OTS 11-11
Old July 12th, 2006, 11:53 PM
Passenger

Happy cruising!
Old July 13th, 2006, 11:23 AM
Yeoman

Have a great time and RELAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful cruise!