Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 2nd, 2006, 08:06 PM
Passenger

Default Suggestions for communication with group

Small family reunion on Victory (18 people/7 cabins) and I was wondering if anyone could suggest ways to communicate. I am bringing a set of walkie-talkies but this only lets two of us communicate.
I may bring a small magnetic white board to hang on my door and leave messages to other family members. Do you think anyone will take the board if it is only held on by magnets?
Sometimes I have seen work conferences where there is actually a message board centrally located that everyone can leave messages.
Mom is 70 and if she gets seperated, I want her to be able to find us.
Guess I am feeling pre-cell phone withdrawal
Sponsored Links
Old August 2nd, 2006, 10:36 PM
Cruise Maniac

you can always get more than 2 walkie talkie... we brought some on a family trip a few years back... and for some reason the reception was not all that brilliant on the ship... however as soon as we got to land or port they picked right back up...
Horizon - July '03
Rhapsody of the Seas - Thanksgiving '03
Golden Princess - June '04
Carnival Ecstasy - May '05
Explorer of the Seas - July '05
Infinity - Doomed Voyage - July '06
Old August 2nd, 2006, 10:54 PM
Admiral

When I travel with a large family group, we designate a meeting place and time every evening (if we are not dining together), to review the Carnival Capers for the next day and highlight events we will be attending together or make notes of family members itineraries for the following day. We were pretty much in sync as far as shore excursions, it was just the daily activities we needed to review as we had elderly members that needed special care. I think the message board is a good idea for any changes in plans. We tried walkie-talkies but they don't work very well on the ship.
Old August 3rd, 2006, 11:02 AM
Admiral

you have gotten some very good ideas. The magnetic message board is a great idea, also designate a specific place and time to meet each day to check in on eachother and to make plans for the following day. If you need to get ahold of someone right away you go to the Purser's Desk and have them paged. You can call from stateroom to stateroom on the phone.
Walkie-Talkies don't work very well below decks on the ship, they work just fine when you are up on deck.
Old August 3rd, 2006, 12:02 PM
Captain

My husband and I use walkie talkies, but they don't work that well on the ship, as the others have stated. They do work well when you get off at the ports. My husband hates to shop, so we usually split up so I can shop. He goes to a pub and visits with the locals. (He speaks fluent Spanish, and likes to practice it when we are in Mexico.) I shop, shop, shop!!! We check in with each other periodically and meet at a certain place and time.

Have a wonderful cruise!!!

Libragirl from Texas
Old August 3rd, 2006, 12:16 PM
Yeoman

How about post it notes???????? But the magnetic board sounds like a great idea. Hopefuly no one will take it or mess with it.

I hope everyone has a wonderful cruise!