CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Help? Flight into LAX, embark Long Beach, questions?? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/318519-help-flight-into-lax-embark-long-beach-questions.html)

Cruisingbears August 6th, 2006 01:53 PM

Help? Flight into LAX, embark Long Beach, questions??

8)
We are thinking of cruising the Mexican Riveria in Feb on the Carnival
Pride. We would be flying into Los Angeles International Airport and
embarking the next day at Long Beach Port. How far is the airport
from the seaport? How difficult are these air/sea ports to maneuver?
Any comments on the Pride, Mexician Riveria, LAX, Long Beach Port,
and a good place to stay the night before the cruise? Any suggestions
would be helpful. Thanks..
Happy Sailing.................. 8)

booboo4031 August 6th, 2006 02:51 PM

I am booked on the Pride in October and am flying in a few days ahead. It's 24 miles from LAX to the pier. I booked Primetime shuttle. It's $16 per person one way. I booked my hotel reservations on the Queen Mary.. it's right next to where the Pride docks. Whether you stay there or not, there is early check in on the Queen Mary the day of embarkation. They do have a Carnival rate of $119 for 2.

rok4u2 August 6th, 2006 02:55 PM

It is OK to fly into LAX. Take the SUPPER SHUTTLE (Blue Van) to Long Beach. This talke about an hour and I think it cost $35.00. Stay on the QUEEN MARY in Long Beach. It is less than two city blocks to the PRIDE. We did this last Oct. The Queen Mary give a discount to the Carnival passengers. Be sure to tell them this when you CALL for the reservation. Also on Sunday morning you "check in" for the PRIDE while on the Queen Mary. Your luggage can be taken from you room on the Queen Mary and will delivered to the PRIDE. Enjoy your trip -- we did.

Cruisingbears August 6th, 2006 10:11 PM

8)
Thank you for your information. Would you happen to know if the Pride
is docked on the port or starboard size? Strange question, but I have
my reasons for asking.
Thanks,
Happy Sailing.................

Eric August 7th, 2006 12:43 AM

We have cruised from this port twice, but it was on the Paradise. She was docked on the right side both times. We used PrimeTime shuttle on debarkation the last time and it worked fine.

Darcy August 7th, 2006 11:32 AM

We stayed at the Westin LAX. I got the room on hotwire for @ $75/night. Room was clean and comfortable with restaurants within walking distance. Took Primetime shuttle to the pier the next day. There was hardly any traffic and we were there in about 40 min.

hazelson August 8th, 2006 12:27 AM

Definately spend the night on the Queen Mary - it was a wonderful treat and very informative. The only thing that disappointed me was no ghostly visitations - and I waited all night lol.

For early check in you have to take your luggage down to the lower area where the museum is - you check in, drop your bags then you can wander around a bit. But you wtill have to get in line to board - and the line ups were long. Dh stood in line while I wandered through the shops right at the Carnival dock. The Pride was docked on the right (starboard) side.

ttfn Jennifer