Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 13th, 2006, 03:03 AM
Passenger

Default ????? have'nt cruised in 8 years going on the Spirit in Oct

Sorry if this goes too long-- I have gotten so much good info on the site on what to bring and such but I have a few more questions. ------ I know there are no jeans in the dining room after dark but I have some really cute denim skirts i like to dress up, is that ok for casual nites or should i stay away from all my denim at night? ----------We are borrowing a suit for my son(8) which is med. gray and he looks really great in it, will that be alrightif it is not a dark suit for formal nites?-------Is there a childrens menu in the dining room or do they have a choice to order from the regular menu vs a childs menu.---- We are also still looking for info on excursions? Is the Dolphin encounter in Ixtapia any good and I'm cufused I've read stuff on this site about not missing the cliff divers in Acapulco do they only dive at nite because looking at our itinerary it looks like we depart before dark(4pm) Are they still worth seeing during the day? help!!! I'm getting so excited I hope my kids have a great time cuz we use to love cruising. We took 5 cruises before kids. Alissa
Sponsored Links
Old August 13th, 2006, 10:05 AM
Administrator
Admiral

The suite for your son sounds just fine. The denim skirt would be OK for the first night but I don't think it's the best idea for all casual nights. One major reason is that denim takes up twice the space as most other types of clothing.

My wife sometimes wears a denim skirt for day wear or while traveling. She packs light weight dresses or pants for other casual nights. I really appreciate that when I have to carry the luggage.

Excursion information is available on the Carnival website at

Carnival Shore Excursions

Sorry, I'm not sure about the children's menu for dinner or room service but I know that our readers can help or you can try posting on our Family Cruising board.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old August 13th, 2006, 11:01 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to megs1787

hey missaliss,

The denim skirt will be fine in the dining room, especially for the last night when everyone is more casual because of packing for home. I have always worn a jean skirt at least one night on my cruises. Just put some jewerly with it and a nice shirt, and its an outfit! I've even seen people go in the dining room in shorts, (although I dont recommend it). Just wear whatever you are comfortable in. Its your vacation. Have fun!
Megan
Carnival Miracle 2004
Carnival Inspiration 2005
RCCL Explorer of the Seas 2006
Carnival Destiny 2007
Old August 13th, 2006, 10:17 PM
Passenger

Default Thanks

Thanks for the input. I thought I could save some room by using a denim skirt for day wear and then dress the same skirt up with a fancy top, shoes and jewerly.