Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 31st, 2006, 12:06 PM
Beginner

Send a message via ICQ to jfig24 Send a message via AIM to jfig24 Send a message via Yahoo to jfig24
Default 2 Sail & Sign Accounts on one booking....possible?

My BF and I are going on a cruise with Carnival in 3 weeks, and we are both wondering if this is possible. When we got our documents from the Travel Agent, he only gave us one Sail & Sign application. Also, when you try to book excursions online, it charges both of the fees together and doesn't give you an option to pay seperately. We would each like to have our own Sail & Sign accounts since we would like to pay for our own expenses. Is this possible? Should we just wait and do it once we board the ship? I have looked all over the Carnival website and in the section where it talks about the Sail & Sign card, it makes it sound like you can only give one credit card. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old August 31st, 2006, 12:16 PM
Familiar Face

Hi, I'm not sure how well I can help you but I can tell you that when I went with my (now ex) boyfriend and we got to the desk before we received our sign and sail cards the lady at the desk asked if we'd like to use 1 credit card or if we'd like to use 2 (one for each card) we could. I didn't use a travel agent because I went through a tour company but maybe call them and ask them for 2 applications.
Have a great cruise!
Old August 31st, 2006, 01:30 PM
Passenger

our last trip on the Fantasy, we were told that you would get a print out at the end of the cruise and it would tell you who spent what. It did and we just had our son pay us back. Not sure about the two cards though.
Fantasy July 2006
Liberty Nov. 2006
Liberty Sept. 2007
February 14, 2008 Sensation
Old August 31st, 2006, 01:45 PM
BEACH DOUG

On Carnival I know that you can have two accounts on one booking. We've done that both times. As a previous poster mentioned, just ask at the check in desk.
Old August 31st, 2006, 03:31 PM
Beginner

Send a message via ICQ to jfig24 Send a message via AIM to jfig24 Send a message via Yahoo to jfig24

thank you so much for the replies. I feel better now :-) 23 more days to go!!!! I'll be on the Carnival Glory out of Port Canaveral to the Western Carribean
Old August 31st, 2006, 06:54 PM
Admiral

No problemo setting up two Sail & Sign accounts when you check in. We sailed on the Glory last month and loved the ship. Port Canaveral is so easy to get in and out of. Don't miss the chocolate buffet!!! Have a great cruise.
Old September 2nd, 2006, 08:30 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Hi,
Just got back from my 8 day, Carnival Legend from NYC with 2 teens, ages 15 and 20. I chose to use cash. After settling in my cabin, I proceeded to the Purser's desk on board and set up 2 separate accounts. 1 for myself and 1 for my 20 yr old son. I put $200 on my son's account and $300 on mine. My 15 yr old daughter's S&S card was not activated. Her card was just for her cabin key and to reboard the ship from the different ports. This way was very convenient for me, and we could keep track of our daily balance right from our t.v. (There is a special channel to check for things like your S&S card balance, dining room menus, and other good info regarding the daily happenings on the ship). You can go down to the purser's desk to put more money on your card if needed. At the end of the trip, if you have any leftover on your account, they will leave a check at your cabin door and you can cash this check at the purser's desk before you leave the ship or just deposit it into your bank account when you get home.

Both my son and I had a check at the end of the cruise! We cashed it before we left the ship.

Old September 2nd, 2006, 11:13 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Several accounts are normal for some, and I have never heard of it being a problem. I have all of us on one account, but they have asked before, if we wanted it on more than one.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old September 12th, 2006, 10:23 AM
Captain

I don't think this is something I did when booking my cruise. Can I just get the sign and sail when I get on board? Or is there a way to get it setup now and maybe have the card(s) left in my room or something?

Krunch
Western Caribbean - Freedom - January, 2011
Southern Caribbean - Miracle - November, 2010
Western Caribbean - Liberty - November, 2008
Eastern Caribbean - Valor - October, 2006
Old September 12th, 2006, 07:53 PM
Admiral

Hi Krunch,

Everyone gets their sail and sign cards when they check in at the pier. Each person (or family, if you want everything charged to you, like Luanne) gives them a credit card (or puts down cash, if that's how you want to pay) and gets the sail and sign cards (each person gets one). If you have young children or teens you can put a limit (or nothing !) on their cards.

The sail and sign cards are not only for onboard purchases, but will be scanned when you leave the ship and when you return.

If you filled out the online forms your sail and sign cards should be waiting for you when you check in .

Have a wonderful cruise!

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old September 13th, 2006, 12:25 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to chosen175

i also did a cruise with my bf earlier this year. we both opted to use cash to keep from spending tons of money onboard. we handled that at the purser's desk after we boarded. they asked us when we checked in at the pier in miami if we were using cash or credit card. they handled cc's right there and we did cash on board. incidentally, when i found a piece of jewelry i wanted to buy, i was able to go to the purser's desk halfway through the cruise and ask them to hook the s&s to my credit card anyway and they had no problem with that.

we also weren't sure how to handle the shore excursions. what we decided to do was he paid for both of us for one excursion and i paid for both of us for another one that was priced about the same as the one he paid for. i suppose you could log on and pay for your ticket with your card then have him log on and pay for his, but i found it so much easier for us to settle up on our own and have everything booked before we even left for miami. the tickets were waiting in our cabin for us and it gave us all the more time to explore once we got on the ship.

i hope you have a great cruise - this was our first and we did the exotic western on the valor. you won't be disappointed!

lisa

Carnival Valor April 2006
Contemplating a cruise wedding in 2010
Old September 14th, 2006, 08:44 PM
Captain

I completed a "Fun Fass" check in. Is that what you are referring to? Does that set me up for the sign-n-sail cards?

Krunch
Old September 14th, 2006, 08:52 PM
Admiral

Hi krunch,

Yes, if you've done the "Fun Pass" online you should be all set!

Your sign and sail cards should be ready for you at check in.

I can't wait for your review of your cruise. You've asked all the questions and should be very well prepared !

On our first cruise we were "clueless"! We'd never cruised, we didn't know anything about Cruisemates, and we just followed our hosts around.

We had fun, but if we'd known about Cruisemates we would have had a much better time !

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old September 14th, 2006, 09:00 PM
Captain

I will say this...

I am feeling nervous, we have never done a vacation of this caliper before, hence the research. Vacation is time for relaxing, not stressing, so the more stressing I do now, the less I'll do later and hence hopefully have a better time. Don't know what to expect in Miami (2 nights) cruise (7 nights) then driving from Miami to Orlando and Disneyworld (4 nights) and I didn't even mention the shore excursions we have already booked for a 3 stops on our cruise. We really hope to have a good time, but it's a different part of the world and just a lot different than what we're used to.

Thanx to everyone here for helping us out! We have learned lots!

Krunch
Old September 14th, 2006, 11:07 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to chosen175

in the interest of helping my fellow man, i'd be willing to offer myself to take your place and possibly suffer any ill consequences so you can stay safe! :-)

miami is great - you will have such a good time there! be sure to have a mojito! we only stayed overnight 1 night and didn't even check in to our hotel until around 7pm so we didn't do much.

as for orlando, just get yourself there and orlando will take care of you. that's what they do down there and they do a great job with it!

i, too, was nervous as all get-out for my first cruise. be careful and don't lose your head just because you're on a ship. just keep telling yourself that the cruise is meant to be different from your everyday life. there will be SO MUCH to do, you won't even have time to worry.

be sure to let us know how things went once you get back!
lisa

Carnival Valor April 2006
Contemplating a cruise wedding in 2010
Old September 23rd, 2006, 11:10 PM
Passenger

Default Very good to know this stuff!

I am so glad others have asked alot of questions for me already

The people on here are just awesome!

I hope I get to meet some cruisemate cruisers on my first cruise.