Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 3rd, 2006, 12:15 PM
Passenger

Default Platinum Card

My wife and I will be going on our 10th cruise with Carnival, and we should be getting our Platinum Cards. I have heard that we get extra perks on the 10th cruise (fruit bowl in cabin, laundry done for free,etc.). Can anybody tell me exactly when we get this (on the 10th cruise, or after the 10th cruise), and what exactly the total number of perks we will get! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old September 3rd, 2006, 04:15 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Carnival Cruise Lines Rolls Out New Past Guest Loyalty Program 05/18/2006 MIAMI (May 18, 2006) – Carnival Cruise Lines has introduced a new loyalty program providing past guests with a variety of value-added benefits and features, including priority embarkation and debarkation, guaranteed supper club reservations and dining times, personalized stationery and custom-designed Carnival logo items.
Available exclusively to “Platinum? cardholders who have sailed aboard the “Fun Ships? 10 or more times, the new “Carnival Concierge Club? benefits are designed to recognize and reward those longtime Carnival guests for their loyalty over the years.
“Carnival is committed to the highest standards of guest service and hospitality. The new ‘Carnival Concierge Club’ is just one more way of showing our appreciation to our loyal past guests by making their ‘Fun Ship’ cruise even more special and memorable,? said Bob Dickinson, Carnival president and CEO.
Platinum cardholders are entitled to the following shipboard benefits and features:
* Petit fours and/or canapés delivered to cabin one evening
* Personalized stationery
* A special Carnival logo item
* Guaranteed dining times and supper club reservations
* Complimentary $20 entry fee into blackjack tournament
* Spa Carnival priority reservations and complimentary treatment upgrade
* Complimentary wash and fold laundry service
* Priority tender boarding
* Priority embarkation and debarkation
Additionally, a fully staffed concierge desk for Platinum cardholders has been established at the purser’s information desk aboard every Carnival ship. A dedicated phone line is available fleetwide, as well.
Special luggage tags indicating guests are “Carnival Concierge Club? members are included in guests’ cruise documents. “Carnival Concierge Club? members also receive a special Welcome Aboard letter from Carnival President and CEO Bob Dickinson detailing the exclusive amenities and privileges available during their cruise.
For additional information on the new “Carnival Concierge Club? and reservations on Carnival’s “Fun Ship? cruises, contact any travel agent, call 1-800-CARNIVAL or visit carnival.com.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old September 4th, 2006, 07:24 PM
Passenger

We have been with Carnival on over 13- not sure which one got us the "Platinum" status. Your silver card will distinguish you from the other cruisers. The crew will notice this right away! I cannot tell you all of the perks, because they are a nice surprise. It's not much--- but it is a status. We love Carnival- and look forward to the Liberty in April 2007. Welcome to the platinum club!
Old September 5th, 2006, 02:11 PM
First Mate

we are going for the third time next year can we also acspec something

-------------------------------
carnival sensation 11/93
carnival destiny 03/06
carnival freedom 07/07
carnival miracle 02/09
rci serenade of the seas 01/10
Old September 5th, 2006, 02:14 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

I didn't know there was a silver card. I was always told that you go from Blue, to gold, to Platinum.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old September 5th, 2006, 02:17 PM
Passenger

I think he meant platnium when he said silver, since they basically look like the same card. A girl I met on my last cruise had one and I thought it was a silver card, which confused me at the time because I had a blue one and my parents had gold ones. She said she had been on 13 cruises already though.
Old September 5th, 2006, 04:01 PM
Cruise Maniac

I just took my tenth cruise with carnival and I got all of the Platinum goodies including the card. I was anal about getting everything they said we would so I printed out the list that was posted already. We did get all of those perks and a couple more.
Sensation '99, '04, '08
Triumph '99 & '03
Victory '00 & '02
Imagination '01
Fascination '05
Navigator Sept '05, Jan '09, Mar 10
Valor Aug 6, 2006, Sept 2010
Adventure 10/06
Elation Nov. 30 2006
Majesty OS June 8 2007
Glory Dec 07
Destiny 8/09, 10/11
Oasis Dec. 2009
Allure Dec 2010
Carnival Dream 3/11
Monarch OS 8/11
Freedom OS 12/4/11

Old September 5th, 2006, 08:34 PM
Admiral

One of the best perks was early debarkation, we were off the ship by 7:30 a.m. (not that we were in a big rush to get off the ship). Our luggage was in a special area for Platinum guests only.
Old September 10th, 2006, 04:19 PM
Captain

I noticed someone asking about platinum cards on another thread, so I thought I would get this one put somewhere near the top so it is easier to find.