CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Favourite Dishes on Carnival Cruises (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/320121-favourite-dishes-carnival-cruises.html)

amaretto September 3rd, 2006 06:33 PM

Favourite Dishes on Carnival Cruises

What were your favourite dishes on Carnival Cruises? I went on the Glory and the food in the dining room was absolutely delicious :D. Even the buffet food was good, especially the midnight Gala Buffet. There were so many beautiful cakes and a large ice sculpture of a dragon :o ! Here are my favourite dishes:

For breakfast:

-Eggs Benedict--very delicious and sinful, but you get full easily because of there are two eggs
-Danish pastry with custard centre
-Guava and Passionfruit juice--this one is really good!
-Smoked Salmon on Bagel--very good too

For lunch:

The Baby Back Ribs were nice

For dinner (the best part):

-Fillet of Tilapia with Butter Herb Sauce
-Lavender-flavoured Iced Souflee--very unique and tastes amazing

Formal Night 1:
-Mississippi Delta Prawns
-Lobster tail with butter--mine was a HUGE portion
-Vanilla and Raspberry CAke--one of my favourite desserts

-The beef on any night is great!

Formal Night 2:
-Proscuitto with Melon
-Shrimp in Beurre Blanc Sauce
-My brother had the Chateaubriand / Prime Rib (sorry, I don't really remember which one it is, but all beef on the Glory is outstanding). It looked really good, and he said that it was fantastic too :)

-Mango Cream--very, very, very nice; it's a must-try
-Grand Marnier Souflee
-I've also heard that the Bitter & Blanc (dark and white chocolate pudding) is excellent.

Lido Deck Buffet:

-Boullabaisse (it's on the upper level of the buffet, so the line isn't that long) is really good. Fresh scallops, red snapper, mussels and clams...
-Cured Tuna with Watermelon (on the upper level on the buffet too)
-Chocolate Cheesecake on the Chocolate Extravaganza day is yummy

Now, your turn... :)

[/b]

Bob M September 3rd, 2006 06:41 PM

I loved the Quail & Duck.... Also the Prime Rib.....
Forget the Prawns (crawdads in Kansas), turns my stomach when I smell them.....

skymaster September 3rd, 2006 08:19 PM

Nearly everything we had aboard "Glory" was truly outstanding, but my personal favorite was the Prime Rib. Abslolutely GREAT!

Ken

Dorothy September 3rd, 2006 09:48 PM

You're making me HUNGRY! LOL

We enjoyed the food on the Glory, too. I'm in love with Carnival's pumpkin soup and their creme brulee is pretty tasty, as well.

In many ways, we enjoyed our cruise on the Glory better than our last curise on the Miracle, even though the Miracle was a beautiful ship. The entertainment on the Glory was head and shoulders above the Miracle's.

Glad you enjoyed yourselves - start saving those pennies!

dorothy

amaretto September 3rd, 2006 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I'm in love with Carnival's pumpkin soup and their creme brulee is pretty tasty, as well.

Yeah, you reminded me. The Raspberry Creme Brulee was one of my favourites, too.

iamblking September 3rd, 2006 09:55 PM

I could live on the flourless chocolate cake. :wink:

san007 September 4th, 2006 12:39 AM

I am still a sucker for the calzones and pizzas, in addition to the primeribs and filet migon. Lets not forget the omlettes and icecream.

Cruznut2 September 4th, 2006 03:25 AM

It would be so much easier to list what I did not like about the food on Carnival Glory. Wow! everything was wonderful. The pumpkin soup was outstanding. I enjoyed the lamb dishes too. We went to the seafood buffett several times always good. I think we sampled every area but the hamburger grill. Everything was great.

Laura

justcruisinforgambling September 4th, 2006 04:35 AM

Someone mentioned that iced souflee lavender cake, that is truely one of the best desserts i have ever had. What I actually really enjoyed aboard the Fascination on the last night was the veal parmigian. It was outstanding, and the quality that goes into preparing the meals is amazing.

But my personal favorite is still the lobster tail, and this can be a problem for me since they give you as many as you want.

iamblking September 4th, 2006 10:25 AM

Cruznut2 / Laura, You didn't sample the hamburger grill? It is absolutely grand. Also the hotdogs are the best I've ever had.

Luanne Russo September 4th, 2006 11:19 AM

On the Conquest I had a dessert that was very plain, and ordinary, but turned out to be out of this world. It was a slice of apple pie, with ice cream. There was something about it, that was so yummy.

Luanne

rosetattoo September 4th, 2006 06:35 PM

The Bitter and Blanc was the most scrumptious dessert on the cruise, my mouth is watering just thinking about it.

hazelson September 4th, 2006 06:47 PM

I would be happy with "Bitter and Blanc" and "creme brulee" for a week :D :D :D

TaraLeigh99 September 4th, 2006 07:35 PM

Ohhh geez, it all sounds so GOOD! We just can't wait for February to get here :)

Question: Is Lobster Tail only available a couple of nights or all the time?

I am open to trying anything but I am not fond of red meat... will I always have lots of other wonderful things to choose from?

Tara

amaretto September 4th, 2006 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaraLeigh99
Question: Is Lobster Tail only available a couple of nights or all the time?

I am open to trying anything but I am not fond of red meat... will I always have lots of other wonderful things to choose from?

No, lobster is only available on the first formal night. However, If you pay $30 per person for the Emerald Supper Club, you can have lobster everyday.

Don't worry. If you don't like red meat, there are many other options available every night. You can ask for grilled chicken if you don't like anything on the menu; and there will always be fish or a seafood item, as well as a vegetarian dish. :)

Will September 4th, 2006 08:40 PM

Crispy Prawns Night

wakedreams September 5th, 2006 07:43 AM

alot of people don't like it, but I really enjoy the Beef Wellington.
I also love their lobster, and prime rib.
the peanut satay chicken appetizer is always my favorite.
and I really love their soups - all of them....but the pumpkin is amazing.

my favorite desert is .... the creme brulee' in the dining room is to die for.
and the fried bananas on the buffet are really yummy.

I like this thread, because most reviews just say the food was good...or the food was "ok" --but very few people give more detail than that.

oh --- and if you can wait 10 minutes for the pizza, you should try the goat cheese & mushroom pizza - I think they have a "name for it" like duchevre' pizza or something ---but it is WORTH the wait!!!
It is always a 10 minute wait, because not a lot of people order it.

Loki September 5th, 2006 08:17 AM

I have only cruised on the Conquest so far...leaving on the Celebration this Saturday :D . But I distinctly remember how great the pizza bar was. I spent most of my time on the lido deck, getting pretty tipsy(just ask Bob M), and it was great to place my order, sit down with my friends, then go pick up my pizza when it was done. I don't know what kind of seasonings they used, but that was by far the best pizza I have ever had. Try the spinach, mushroom, and feta pizza....to die for.

rosetattoo September 5th, 2006 10:06 AM

If you're a meat eater, the hot dogs from the grille are delicious with lots of chunky chili on it.

DreadLockCruiser September 5th, 2006 04:10 PM

My favorite desert is Tres Leches...Yummy!

I also like being able to order a steak even when it isn't on the menu :D

amaretto September 5th, 2006 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wakedreams
oh --- and if you can wait 10 minutes for the pizza, you should try the goat cheese & mushroom pizza - I think they have a "name for it" like duchevre' pizza or something ---but it is WORTH the wait!!!
It is always a 10 minute wait, because not a lot of people order it.

I think that the pizza is called "De Chevre" (which means "of goat" because the pizza has goat cheese). I wanted to order that one, but the guy told me that I had to wait ten minutes. I was too hungry, so I just went for the Margherita Pizza (cheese pizza). It was good too. Next time, I'll remember to try the goat cheese pizza, because you said that it is worth the wait. :D

UConn1 September 5th, 2006 08:14 PM

Oh, Oh, Oh, this is easy.

Tiger Prawns in a Chardonnay Creme Sauce and Cucumber Dill Soup. These have been my two faves forever!

Jodi

hoopsielv September 5th, 2006 09:52 PM

I really like the filet mignon on the first night- and that lavender dessert was awesome! It sounded strange but I was so glad that I got it! :D

CruiserEK September 6th, 2006 02:59 AM

Some of my favorites include the delta prawns, lobster tail, filet migon,
and their sushi.

wakedreams September 6th, 2006 07:31 AM

[I think that the pizza is called "De Chevre" (which means "of goat" because the pizza has goat cheese). I wanted to order that one, but the guy told me that I had to wait ten minutes. I was too hungry, so I just went for the Margherita Pizza (cheese pizza). It was good too. Next time, I'll remember to try the goat cheese pizza, because you said that it is worth the wait. :D[/quote]

De Chevre
YES!! That is it. Thank you, and yes it is VERY much worth the wait. It is always fresh and hot, because it is made to order. :)

amaretto September 8th, 2006 06:24 PM

Quote:

De Chevre
YES!! That is it. Thank you, and yes it is VERY much worth the wait. It is always fresh and hot, because it is made to order. :)

You make it sound so delicious :D

Next time (hopefully), I'll remember to try it.

Ronnie In Montana September 8th, 2006 06:50 PM

YUMMY

The filet mignon on the Glory was GREAT! The beef wellington was very good also. I did have fish one night, which was good although I'm not a big seafood fan. All the desserts were great. As bad as I wanted to, I refrained from asking for seconds the entire cruise and I still gained about 8 pounds. Okay, (((confession))) maybe those midnight raids to the frozen yogurt machine had something to do with the increased poundage.

terri910 September 9th, 2006 01:45 PM

Quote:

alot of people don't like it, but I really enjoy the Beef Wellington.
I also love their lobster, and prime rib.
the peanut satay chicken appetizer is always my favorite.
and I really love their soups - all of them....but the pumpkin is amazing.

wakedreams and I are definitely on the same page.

I am such a fan of the soups on Carnival cruises -- especially the chilled soups. The gaspacho is great, and there is a strawberry chilled soup that is like some kind of dream.

I'm also a huge fan of the Beef Wellington.

amaretto September 11th, 2006 04:06 PM

Is the menu the same on every Carnival ship?

Brittany September 11th, 2006 11:08 PM

I believe the menu is the same on every carnival ship. Day 1 is the same regardless of it's a 3 or 7 day cruise.

My favorites are the pumpkin soup, vegetarian enchiladas, almost all beef dishes, and the grand mariner soufflé.