Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 6th, 2006, 06:22 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Liberty and the Food

I was just wondering if anyone who has cruised on the Liberty can answer a question for me. How did you like the food on the Liberty? From what I have heard tthe food on the travel agents cruise did not get good reviews. I hope the Chef works this problem out. I like the itinerary of the Liberty and would like to cruise aboard her.

Happy Cruising!

http://www.webspawner.com/users/bjkeen/index.html
Old September 6th, 2006, 10:35 AM
First Mate

Send a message via Yahoo to Chyna

I was on the Liberty back in December and I thought the dining room was decent and some areas on lido passable...but the food isn't like knock your socks off awesome...(or wasn't then) but I don't cruise for the food, if you are more into food, Celebrity might be more to your liking as I hear they have fabulous food...I LOVED the ship, the Liberty is awesome, so much so I have booked her again for this December
Old September 6th, 2006, 10:59 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

I know what you mean about the reviews. They are pretty bad. I was doing research on the Liberty too, and was very discouraged, but of course you have to take reviews as they come, and keep in mind that what one person loves, another might hate. It was discouraging that all seem to be the same.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old September 6th, 2006, 04:24 PM
Passenger

I was on the Liberty back in January of this year. I found the buffet food on the lido deck wasn't great. This includes taste and what was offered. I've seen some unorthodox combinations and creations on the Liberty and on previous Carnival cruises. I've seen fried chicken paired with boiled potato and new england clam chowder on the Liberty. I've also seen oyster sushi on the Carnival Legend. However, the sushi offered at the sushi bar on the Liberty was great. I often enjoy dinner at the dinning room. I usually don't get anything from the buffet for lunch and head for the grill to get a burger or steak sandwhich. Sometimes I'll get a slice of pizza. I mainly go to the buffet for breakfast. I'll give the Liberty another try when I sail on her thanksgiving week with the family.
Carnival Miracle 12/23/08
Carnival Legend 4/1/07
Carnival Liberty 1/1/06,11/21/06
Caribbean Princess 5/28/05
Norwegian Wind 3/20/04
Carnival Legend 12/20/02, 3/18/03
Carnival Fascination 11/1/02
Carnival Victory 3/17/02
Carnival Triumph 3/17/01
RCI Majesty Of The Seas 1/5/01
Carnival Ecstasy 1/15/99, 2/04/00