CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Torn Between Two Cruises - Need your help plz! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/322149-torn-between-two-cruises-need-your-help-plz.html)

David148 October 15th, 2006 10:20 PM

Torn Between Two Cruises - Need your help plz!

okie doke..

we are torn between two cruises.

6 Night Carnival Liberty ports of call: Freeport Bahamas, Costa Maya Mexico, and Grand Cayman Island. $361.98/PP

5 Night Carnival Elation Port Of Call: Nassau Bahamas, Half Moon Cay, and Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos Islands. $328.26/PP

Our plans were for the 6 Night Liberty, because of the newer ship. but i have asked on here about the ports and have not got good reviews of the ports.

The 5 Night Elation - How are THese Ports ? Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos Islands? are they better than Costa Maya and Freeport? this cruise would also save us a little driving.

So plz hellp ..what's your thoughts? and reviews on the 5 Nighter Islands?

Thanks,
David.

Luanne Russo October 16th, 2006 08:37 AM

Good Morning David,

I have been on the Elation, but not to those ports. I like the Liberty, because it is much like the Conquest. So, both ships are great.

I have not heard anything really bad about your ports, but remember, you make them fun, by well planning.

Suggestion: Go to the Carnival web site. Click on Excursions and see if you can find things you would like to do. Is if that will sway you one way or the other.

Whatever you decide has to be fun, and planning is half of it.

Luanne

dbch911 October 16th, 2006 09:24 AM

I would go with the 5 nighter. I hated Costa Maya and have been to the Bahamas so many times that I don't usually even get off of the ship there anymore. I do love the Grand Caymans, though. The Liberty is a great ship but the port of call are definately not the best. The Turks & Caicos are very pretty. We usually do a 5 nighter around Christmastime and love them.

Floridanamaw October 16th, 2006 10:27 AM

We will be on the 5 night Elation to the Bahama's next month with the ports you asked about. I can't really offer any help now, but the end of November I can tell you more about it. They all sounded good to me. Better than Mexico. I've heard good reviews on here for these ports also. It took me months to decide which cruise we were going on and which ports I wanted to visit. You will go nuts trying to figure it out. :-? :-?

swatsea4 October 16th, 2006 11:22 AM

I'm sure you would enjoy both. It's all about being on a cruise. Half Moon Cay is a private island which was fabulous and Grand Turk was great. We went on the Fantasy 5 night which had the same itinerary as Elation and had a great time. I would lean towards the Elation.

Scott

Libragirl October 16th, 2006 12:23 PM

We just took the Fantasy cruise Sept. 25-30. I wrote a short review about it on this site. We had a great time. The Elation is taking the place of the Fantasy, which is moving to New Orleans. I think you'll have a wonderful time on this ship and visiting these ports.

HAPPY CRUISING TO ALL!!!

Libragirl (Mary) :D :-P LOL