Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 8th, 2006, 01:44 PM
Familiar Face

Default Multiple Questions????

Almost time WHOO HOO! ! ! ! And I am thinking of questions that never came to me before. Can someone please help? I will greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

1. Does Carnival have the all you can drink fountain drink card, and how much does it cost?

2. We will be going to Mexico. Does anyone know if 2-way-radios will work in mexico, and is it ok to use them on the ship?

3. Can you embark eairlier than 30 min. before your scheduled embarkation time. (ex. My embark time is 1:30pm can I get on board at 11:00 am?)

Royal Caribbean Enchantment of The Seas -2004
Carnival - Fantasy 11-13-06
Carnival Conquest 10-05-08
Celebrity Equinox 4/01/2011

Read and post cruise reviews

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
We grow old because we stop playing.
NEVER BE THE FIRST TO GROW OLD !!!
LIFE IS A GIFT...UNWRAP IT
Sponsored Links
Old November 8th, 2006, 03:07 PM
Familiar Face

Default fountain card

Carnival does have the all you can drink fountain card and it costs $5.50 per day. I found it to be a bargain, especially after I purchased the carnival drink cup which keeps your drink nice and cold.
Old November 8th, 2006, 03:29 PM
Admiral

Question #2

The 2-way radios work on the ship, not sure about when in port.

Questions #3

I'm guessing that you will be able to board at 11:00, but I will defer to someone else on this questions. We will getting to Gavleston at 11:00 tomorrow.
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old November 8th, 2006, 06:34 PM
Captain

Send a message via AIM to David West Send a message via Yahoo to David West

The wife and I have always arrived in port around 10.45 - 11.00am. I think this is a good time, because we've always been onboard by noon, eating lunch on the Lido deck.. 8) Our last cruise on the Holiday,we where onboard and eating lunch at 11.45. The cruise terminal employees for the Port of Alabama were amazing They diffently have there act together.

The 2-way radio's work good on the ship. We have the ones with the sub channels .I think we paid around $40.00 for ours several years ago. They will work in port, if your still in range of each other. Most have a good range of a couple miles atleast. Also, you may encounter some interferrance on some channels.Just seek out a clearer channel.

Since we stay together in ports, there left on the ship now . Just something else to keep up with.( or keep dry )

If your the type to drink a soda 2 or 3 times aday, do get a soda card. It will pay for itself quickly.
Relax and enjoy your cruise. And may you all have sunny skies, and smooth seas.

Happy Sailing to all;
David
Legend May 2009
Liberty - Aug.23 2008
Fantasy - Sept.22 2007
Fantasy - Sept.27 2007 (B 2 B )
Holiday- Sept.- 2006
Valor- May - 2006
Conquest- August- 2003
Inspiration-Sept.-2001
Enchanted Isle- Sept.- 1999
Old November 8th, 2006, 08:27 PM
First Mate

Hello Arky,

I have been looking for your review....somehow thougth you sailed last week. Well, have fun on Fantasy and be sure to post photos and a review. We sail Dec 2 and we are so excited. 29 of us!

Also, we were able to board early on our last cruise, around 10:30 aboard the Fascination. I think you should do fine at 11am.

Happy Sails