Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 7th, 2007, 10:10 PM
Passenger

Default Carnival Sensation

Has anyone sailed on the Sensation? My son is researching a 4 day cruise for May to the Bahamas. Any suggestions? And also any recommendations of a nice hotel at Port of Canaveral? I would appreciate the information. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old January 8th, 2007, 08:34 AM
Captain

Send a message via AIM to David West Send a message via Yahoo to David West

Research the 5-day. The 4-day is just to short Usually the cost is about the same.
Can't help with the motel/hotel options, but I'm sure somebody can.
As for as the ship, The Sensation is a grand ship. My son and daughter-in-law sailed on her in 05 for there honeymoon cruise. They said it was awesome
Happy Cruising to all;
David
Legend May 2009
Liberty - Aug.23 2008
Fantasy - Sept.22 2007
Fantasy - Sept.27 2007 (B 2 B )
Holiday- Sept.- 2006
Valor- May - 2006
Conquest- August- 2003
Inspiration-Sept.-2001
Enchanted Isle- Sept.- 1999
Old January 8th, 2007, 08:59 AM
Passenger

I am going on my first cruise on the sensation thursday (just a 3 day, dont know if wife will like it.) we are staying at the country in and suites under cruise package, park there and they will shuttle you to the port only half mile away..will post review when i return.
Old January 8th, 2007, 09:23 AM
Captain

Sensation is a GREAT ship but, I'd opt for a different itinerary than she sails now. Bahamas are good for an inexpensive weekend or to see if you'll enjoy cruising. (wvanative, you'll be hooked) But for a 4-5 day, I'd be inclined to check Inspiration to Grand Caymen + Cozumel or the other Fantasy class ship outta Miami that does Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios. Just my opinion!
Glory (eastern) 12/2006
Destiny 01/2009
Old January 9th, 2007, 08:46 PM
Passenger

Default Cranival..Sensation

Thanks for all your comments. Happy cruising wvanative. I will look forward to your comments and advise after your cruise.

This will be my sons first cruise also ..checking the waters.

Happy Cruising to you all.

Thanks
Old January 9th, 2007, 09:02 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Ro

Cruise42 We are booked on the Sensation for the four night cruise on April 29. We booked the Hotel Radisson at the Port for $149.00 for the night before the cruise leaves so we can just plain relax. We will leave our car for the four nights at the hotel which is secure instead of driving to the Port and they shuttle you to the port and pick you back up when the ship re- docks to take you back to the hotel to pick up your car. I have also sailed on the Inspiration on the four day cruise and again the following year on the five day and we had a ball. I am so looking forward to this one on The Sensation as it will offer me a different place to see.

Inspiration-2004, 2005, 2009
Glory- 4/26/2009
Sensation -4/2007, 10/2009
2/2010 & 11/3/2011
Old January 12th, 2007, 01:10 PM
Beginner

I've been on the Sensation five times. It's a great ship. Love the Piano Bar on it. I'm sure you're son will have a great time! 8)
Old January 12th, 2007, 05:48 PM
Passenger

Hi,

We went on the Sensation in December and it was fun. The only thing that really stunk was the Piano Bar. It was empty every night and you could see why, the Piano Man hated his job. I hope you have a different one. When you get to nassau really go see the Island. We went to Cable (Gable?? One too many Bahamma Mammas) Beach its was beautiful and went to the Fish Fry which is a local place to eat. It was really yummy. The Ship was a lot of fun and tons to do. The dinners in the dinning room were fabulous. Have fun.

Carnival Sensation

Disney Wonder: May 2004
Old January 12th, 2007, 06:33 PM
Passenger

Don't know about the ship but when we sailed out of Port Canaveral a couple of years ago we stayed at the Raddison Resort at the Port. We can't say enough good things about it. Great rooms, great food and you can park your car there for free and they shuttle you over to the port the day of your cruise. The best for us was when we woke up the morning of embarkation, looked out our hotel room window and saw our ship in port. It just started the day off on such an exciting note....

Have a blast!