Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 14th, 2007, 10:00 PM
Passenger

Default Wine at Embarkation

Quick question: The Carnival Guidelines say that wine is permitted at embarkation. (Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board. However, wine enthusiasts may bring fine wine or champagne on board only during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise.) So, what is the definition of a "fine wine" and how much can we bring on board? If we don't drink the amount that we brought on board during embarkation, are we permitted to keep it in our cabin for future consumption? Thanks for your help!

Sara
Fascination - 7/2006

Sponsored Links
Old January 15th, 2007, 03:36 AM
Admiral

Probably 1-2 bottles. I've heard of people taking on more...so the exact amount depends on who's staffing your embarkation port. No precise definition of "fine wine". As such, pretty much anything could theoretically qualify. You can drink it in your cabin.
Old January 15th, 2007, 07:12 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Ro

I carried a huge bottle of wine that was a gift from my daughter in a wine bag on board. My fiance' carried a large bottle in a wine bag also. The couple we cruised with on the last trip did so also. In all we had four huge bottles of wine. We opened a bottle in the cabin and bought it to the dining room where they served it to all four of us. Believe me the rest of them in my party still had a liquor bill so it does not hurt the company in the least. ps- I plan on gifting my sister to carry on a wine bottle of her choice for our April cruise as a gift for going on her very first cruise.

Inspiration-2004, 2005, 2009
Glory- 4/26/2009
Sensation -4/2007, 10/2009
2/2010 & 11/3/2011
Old January 15th, 2007, 12:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

You can bring several bottles if you wish. There's no official limit. I believe they say "reasonable" so it would be reasonable that you and a partner would go through a bottle a day. You can consume the wine anytime throughout the cruise - not just embarkation day.

If you drink the wine in the dining room, you COULD be subject to a corking fee. Others have said that this is at the discretion of your waiter but you should be prepared. Obviously no charge if you drink your wine in your cabin.

Kim