Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 15th, 2007, 05:28 PM
Passenger

Default Babysitting for formal night?

Hi, I am trying to find info about babysitting during formal night. I know that Camp Carnival has a special kids dinner at that time. Our older boys will be in there. We will also have our 6 month old son with us. My husband is returning home from Iraq a month prior to the cruise, and I would reallllly like to attend a formal event with him since we have missed the last year of anniversaries, birthdays, holidays, etc. If they do not offer babysitting during this time, is it appropriate to take the munchkin with us if we dress him nicely?
Sponsored Links
Old January 15th, 2007, 09:48 PM
Admiral

Hi brina,

First of all, please thank your DH for his service to our country!

Yes, it's perfectly fine to bring the "munchkin" to dinner, no matter how he's dressed. The waiters will be thrilled to see a baby since they've had to leave their's at home !

You can also leave him in the "babysitting":

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_T...bysitting.aspx

if you want.

My only suggestion is that if he's "fussy" one of you take him out of the dining room and walk him around so you don't disturb anyone else's dinner.

Have a wonderful cruise with your family !

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old January 15th, 2007, 09:55 PM
Admiral

They will offer babysitting for the munchkin from 10 p.m. - 3 a.m. for $6 per hour.
It is perfectly acceptable for you to bring the baby along to dinner on formal night.
It is obvious from your post that you would be respectful of your fellow diners, should the munchkin get a restless or fussy.
We always take our kids to dinner with us on formal nights. We never had a problem.
Old January 15th, 2007, 10:01 PM
Admiral

If I have been taking my children to each meal, I would still take my children to the formal dinner.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old January 15th, 2007, 10:07 PM
Passenger

Hi Fern, thank you for your kind words. I browsed the link from Carnival again and cannot find where it states they offer babysitting during the formal events. I remember reading on their site that they have a special kids dinner at that time.

The baby is no problem...it's his two big brothers that drive me insane!

Hey beenie weenie, we must have the same first name. That was my nickname for years. Thanks to you all for your replies.
Old January 15th, 2007, 11:14 PM
Admiral

Brina, when I was prego with the kids they each had a nickname, my son who is almost 7 (hard to believe) was "The Niblet" and my daughter who is now the ripe old age of 4 was known as "Beenie Weenie Rice A Roni" Why? I don't know, but the names have stuck and so here we are.

Anyhow, as I recall, the kids club is pretty deserted on formal night during the dinner hour, there is no one there as I recall. They generally have parents bring the kids to a specially partitioned area in the buffet where you can sign the kids 2 and over in for dinner, and I am 99% sure that there is no sitting available for the infants until 10:00 p.m.. Now, just a quick note on a change I just noticed to their website. They have always offered infant sitting (at least as long as I recall in recent history) on port days until noon and of course from 10 p.m. to 3 a.m., but it now mentions something about...
"Under 2 year olds will also be offered babysitting services on Sea Days in the form of a Family Play Time. During this time parents are welcome to stay with their children to play free of charge or if you choose you can leave your under 2's with Camp Carnival for the regular babysitting fee. "

This is new to me and I do not recall seeing this before on their website. It would be helpful if they published times this was available, but I am sure they'll either cover it on the first night at orientation or it will be listed in the capers (make sure you go to the orientation, it will save you a lot of time and aggravation if you know the policies and procedures ahead of time.)
Have a great time and let us know about "family play time" and how much fun you had on your cruise when you get back!
Old January 16th, 2007, 12:11 PM
Passenger

Default not babysiting but camp carnival

babysitting doesnt start until 10pm, but you may take the children up to a sectioned off area on the lido deck to eat supper with counselers and they will take them from their back to camp carnival until u pick them up. I believe the time is from 5:15 to 5:45pm and they have to be there at those times no later or you cant sign them in.