Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 11th, 2007, 01:10 PM
First Mate

Default bringing snacks aboard...

is it okay to bring out own snacks to keep in the room in our suitcases? I was going to bring nutrigrain bars, individual bottled water bottles, other stuff like that. I assume the ships have a sundries store where you can buy extremely overprices snacks, sundries, etc.
Sponsored Links
Old February 11th, 2007, 01:21 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Ro

Michelle you can bring whatever your little heart desires. I brought a bag of pistatoe nuts for my fiance' to snack on when he sat late at night on the end of the ship. He enjoyed it. A couple we went with on our last cruise took candy bars she liked to snack on and a big bag of pretzels.

Inspiration-2004, 2005, 2009
Glory- 4/26/2009
Sensation -4/2007, 10/2009
2/2010 & 11/3/2011
Old February 12th, 2007, 12:35 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to mteague

When we cruised with kids, I brought enough snacks for two teen boys and two girls. It filled a small suitcase! I gave what was left of the individual packaged snacks to the room steward.

Melody
Old February 12th, 2007, 09:00 AM
Passenger

Default Snacks

I Bring Snakcs And Drinks Fro My Kids All The Time And No One Says A Word!!!! Have Fun
Old February 12th, 2007, 04:55 PM
First Mate

Default snacks...

thanks, I love the idea of leaving the extra for the staff!
Old February 12th, 2007, 07:37 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to UConn1 Send a message via MSN to UConn1

In my opinion, I would rather not pack anything that I can get for anytime on board. On our first couple of cruises, we took lots of snacks. but then realized that why bother when there is food available 24/7 on board - we almost never snacked on what we took. We now just order cookies, etc through room service to have them when we want a little something. We will order two or three servings and keep them in the room, so we are not constantly calling room service.

I am one of those that can pack for a 7 night cruise in a carry-on size suitcase (keep in mind that I no longer do formal nights and very rarely eat in the dining rooms anymore). I prefer to pack light and take advantage of the food I have already paid for.

Take your favorite snacks, but don't over do it - I do take a ziplock of mixed nuts, but nothing more than that.

Jodi
Old February 12th, 2007, 09:55 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConn1
In my opinion, I would rather not pack anything that I can get for anytime on board. On our first couple of cruises, we took lots of snacks. but then realized that why bother when there is food available 24/7 on board - we almost never snacked on what we took. We now just order cookies, etc through room service to have them when we want a little something. We will order two or three servings and keep them in the room, so we are not constantly calling room service.

I am one of those that can pack for a 7 night cruise in a carry-on size suitcase (keep in mind that I no longer do formal nights and very rarely eat in the dining rooms anymore). I prefer to pack light and take advantage of the food I have already paid for.

Take your favorite snacks, but don't over do it - I do take a ziplock of mixed nuts, but nothing more than that.

Jodi
true!! Everything is free and if one does not want to leave the cabin
24/7 Room Service is available for free right?
Old February 12th, 2007, 11:12 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to UConn1 Send a message via MSN to UConn1

Yes, room service 24/7. I tip a couple of bucks for each delviery. You have already paid for the food....so take advantage.

Jodi
Old February 13th, 2007, 07:36 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Ro

My kids are grown but I know from experience sometimes they desire to snack on things that they do not have on the ship and I am not sure the stores do not stay open all night long they do close. They sometimes do not want cookies, regular food and sandwiches either from room service. I didn't find the room service menu all they great meaning geared for kids maybe for an adult wanting a late night sandwich. Packing some extra special things they like and desire won't take much room in your suitcase and it might save you some money instead of paying for them to buy snacks on the ship. Little things like that might make them happy to. You can always just put it on top of everything and I am sure with alittle skillful packing their snacks will not take up much room at all.

Inspiration-2004, 2005, 2009
Glory- 4/26/2009
Sensation -4/2007, 10/2009
2/2010 & 11/3/2011
Old February 13th, 2007, 07:55 AM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to wakedreams

I like bringing a bag of chex mix or chips to snack on during our flight whatever is left over goes on the ship with us...but once on board we take advantage of room service and 24hour pizza!!

our favorite afternoon snack was the roastbeef and brie sandwich from room service.
Carnival Triumph 11/2008
Carnival Celebration 10/2007
Carnival Victory 11/2006
Disney Wonder 1/2006
Carnival Legend 10/2005
Carnival Victory 3/2005
Carnival Triumph 8/2004
Carnival Sensation 6/2002
Old February 13th, 2007, 02:21 PM
First Mate

Default snacks

exactly, like I want to bring nutrirain bars and chex mix for my son, and south beach bars and fatt-free pretzels for myself. thanks to all for the tips!