Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 20th, 2007, 10:29 AM
Passenger

Default Getting Ready To Cruise?

Ok after reading various posts, I got to wondering, what do others do to get ready to cruise ...

So what do you do while getting ready to cruise, do you do lists, do you research, what is it you do ...
Sponsored Links
Old February 20th, 2007, 10:45 AM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to mike_cable

me? I look at the excursions that are offered, surf the net looking for info on ports of call, this year i am getting a tan on...i leave in 18 days and generally count down the time to go.
Old February 20th, 2007, 10:51 AM
Admiral

plan plan plan.. mark each day off the calender. Tell EVERYONE about my upcoming trip.. pack. research.. Isn't it wonderful?

Life is too short to let the ship of your dreams sail without you.

Carnival Destiny Feb. 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb. 2007
Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas Feb. 2008 The DTW & MsBJ tour
Carnival Valor MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2009
Carnival Glory MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2010
Carnival Dream MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2011
Old February 20th, 2007, 11:00 AM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dina
plan plan plan.. mark each day off the calender. Tell EVERYONE about my upcoming trip.. pack. research.. Isn't it wonderful?
Ditto. And also annoy everyone, including my boyfriend who I am cruising with, by talking constantly about the newest discovers I found on cruisemates.
Old February 20th, 2007, 11:03 AM
Cruise Maniac

Read this board obsessively. Make lists, pack and repack, start your morning signing into Carnival's site to see "You cruise in __ days"

Just get ready to enjoy it, your cruise will go by too fast and you will be back to reality all too soon.

FANTASY October/06
ELATION February/07
SENSATION August/09

Old February 20th, 2007, 11:21 AM
Admiral

veteran cruisers in general have our pre cruise rituals down to a science so we actually probably start preparing for our next cruise the day we get home from our most recent cruise.

I do a 60 day pre cruise diet and I post the entire week's dinner menu by my computer so every day I have a motiviational tool to keep me focused. (also I try on all my clothes so if they are tight, I know how much to diet)

I also shut down my extra spending 90 days out so I'll have enough money to spend on my cruise

since I live in the central time zone, I adjust my meal times to reflect what they will be on the ship

then I rest until the day I leave for the ship (1 day before the cruise)
Old February 20th, 2007, 11:47 AM
Passenger

Are there lists that you would like to share, for those of us that can not get to many lists ...

Old February 20th, 2007, 12:12 PM
Admiral

As the cruise nears, my excitement simply can't be contained! I announce to EVERYONE within hearing distance that I'm going on a cruise, and if they have already been told, I kindly remind them!

I try to get as familiar with the layout of the ship, so I don't wander aimlessly when we first board. I check out shore excursions and if I opt to not book one, I research and decide what we will do while in each port.
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old February 20th, 2007, 02:51 PM
First Mate

Default first timer

I just booked my first cruise in December and it's for July 29th. So I'm reading every posting here for information, asking questions, making and remaking packing lists, a to do/countdown list. I booked hotel, air, car, cruise, and am now ordering certified copies of birth certificates so we can get our very first passports. Calling kennels to board our cat & gerbil (not together!), checking carry-on restrictions, deciding between 2 carryons or one suitcase, asking travel agent a lot of questions, and also enjoying planning the first vacation my 14 year old son and I have ever had together! It's long overdue! I'm trying not to talk about it too much as if my job falls through we can't go, but so far things are good on the job. We've booked and had to cancel a year ago so I'm praying we can make it this time!