Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 25th, 2007, 06:38 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Carnival Spirit to Alaska May 16 Anyone Going??

Our first cruise to Alaska..hope it is not too cold. I am use to warm weather and beaches. Anyone else going
Legend 2006
Spirit 2006 & 2007 & 2009
Conquest 2007 & 2009
Pride 2008
Dream 2010
Norwegian Dawn 2011
Magic 2012
Princess Grand 2013
Sponsored Links
Old March 28th, 2007, 11:55 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Alaska

We will be going July 4th..It will be our first Alaskan cruise also...Cant wait!!!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things
that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines.
Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~ Mark Twain
Old April 1st, 2007, 10:35 PM
Beginner

Default we on the spirit May 9th

we are going! We are warm people too.. but currently living in VIctoria British Columbia. We are military ..lived in Florida, Cuba, Guam and now here.. Burr. Do you have any children? We have a girl age 7 going with us on this cruise.

Liann
Old April 2nd, 2007, 12:21 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainEdwardJohnSmith
Default Re: Alaska

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyW
We will be going July 4th..It will be our first Alaskan cruise also...Cant wait!!!
Well Hello neighborette,
by the 210/57 here
Happy cruising everyone
Old April 3rd, 2007, 01:02 PM
Cruise Maniac

No Children.. just 6 retired fun people who love to cruise and can finally afford to do it!!!!
Legend 2006
Conquest 2007 & 2009
Pride 2008
Dream 2010
Norwegian Dawn 2011
Magic 2012
Princess Grand 2013
Old April 3rd, 2007, 04:45 PM
Passenger

Hi,

I'll be going on May 16th as well from Boston. I can't wait![/b]
Old April 4th, 2007, 05:32 PM
Passenger

Yes, we are going May 16th. See my post end of March or April 1st. Do you have all your excursions? I have a separate one in Ketchikan and also Jewell Gardens in Skagway. I also have a limo from port to Anchorage with room for more. I can't wait!

Prue
Old April 4th, 2007, 06:02 PM
Passenger

Hi,

I booked the Float Plane tour in Ketchican with Island Wings (I heard nothing but great things about that) which is from 2-4. In Junea I booked whale watching with Capt Larry. I just called to book the helicopter tour in Skagway, but its already booked so I need to do that in Juneau if I am still going to do it. =-) Other than those I am still open for options.. I might do the rafting tour.. That looks like fun.. It's not white water like I've done in Maine, but it still looks like fun... Congrats by the way!! =-) I'll be celebraiting my 34th bday on May 21st while there..
Old April 4th, 2007, 06:09 PM
Passenger

We are going to Bight & Saxman in Ketchikan by private tour. We are doing Zip Trek in Juneau. Did that in Puerto Vallarta and got hooked. Train in Skayway in am and then private tour the botanical gardens. Nothing planned in Sitka. I am going to try the dog sled adventure when I get to Girdwood.

If you know your cabin number let me know and we will celebrate your birthday! Woo Hoo! Gotta close and get off the computer.
Old April 18th, 2007, 10:59 PM
Passenger

How's everyone doing? Less than a month now.. =-)
Old April 20th, 2007, 04:36 AM
Passenger

Doing well! Cannot wait for the trip I re-aligned a couple of my plans to be able to explore more while in a couple of ports. Got the package for the land portion of my trip once we get to Whittier. Meeting with some friends in Vancouver that we haven't seen for a long time as they live in Victoria.

I have got to do a run through on my packing the week before to make sure I keep the luggage to a minium since we will be gone 18 days. Got the video camera memory card updated so I can take more still shots. I love to do photoshows of my trips set to music.

Gotta Go!

Prue
Old May 8th, 2007, 10:39 AM
Passenger

Only one more week! =)
Old May 8th, 2007, 10:50 AM
Cruise Maniac

Suitcases are out and ready to pack...100degrees here so it is hard to pack heavy coats, gloves and such.
Legend 2006
Conquest 2007 & 2009
Pride 2008
Dream 2010
Norwegian Dawn 2011
Magic 2012
Princess Grand 2013
Old May 8th, 2007, 11:44 AM
Cruise Maniac

Alright my fellow cruisemates, let me give you the Alaska weather forecast before you pack your coats and gloves. Currently in Anchorage about 50 miles from Whittier where you will port at here, its nearly 50 degrees at 8 am. We are expecting to be getting up into the 60s by the end of the week. I personally love these temperatures, and find them quite comfortable. Really you should be okay with a light jacket for the wind or even a sweatshirt, but dress for what climate you are used to too. I hope you enjoy your cruise up here, and shoot me a PM if you have qustions about what to do while up here if you are sticking around for a few days afterwards. Welcome to Alaska!
Old May 8th, 2007, 03:36 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskanGrown
Alright my fellow cruisemates, let me give you the Alaska weather forecast before you pack your coats and gloves. Currently in Anchorage about 50 miles from Whittier where you will port at here, its nearly 50 degrees at 8 am. We are expecting to be getting up into the 60s by the end of the week. I personally love these temperatures, and find them quite comfortable. Really you should be okay with a light jacket for the wind or even a sweatshirt, but dress for what climate you are used to too. I hope you enjoy your cruise up here, and shoot me a PM if you have qustions about what to do while up here if you are sticking around for a few days afterwards. Welcome to Alaska!
AlaskanGrown, I am leaving tomorrow, the 9th, on the Vancouver roundtrip - stopping in Juneau, Skagway & Ketchikan. Do you know what the forecast is for those places?

We did the same cruise last year at this time and enjoyed very nice weather. The morning we went into Glacier Bay I had breakfast in the sun on my balcony....nothing better! It was very cold in the glacier of course, so you will need to dress warmly for that. I don't mind the cooler temps., in fact, I prefer it. I can't stand hot weather, so it suited me perfectly. We only saw rain one day, but by the time we had walked to the end of the dock it had quit & the rest of the day was nice. It was funny because on one of our pictures, my husband is in shirt sleeves, no jacket and behind him are people in big parkas, with hoods up. I guess it's all what you're used to.
Old May 9th, 2007, 04:16 AM
Passenger

It was hot here too, but for 2 days it has been a little nicer. But, with all the fires it has been smokey. Whew!!! But, it is now 1 week to cruise time Can you see me dancing? I am all packed and ready to go as we leave on the weekend for Vancouver and some how I managed to get all into 2 duffles and 1 carry on for camera equipment, etc. That's for 2 people Amazing. My duffle has a lower bottom compartment for flat foldng. But, enough. Everyone have a safe & happy week and we will see you on board. I will have laptop with us.

Prue