CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Straw Market??? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/331935-straw-market.html)

KERI2308 April 18th, 2007 12:42 PM

Straw Market???

Hi everyone,
I was wondering , we are leaving on the Glory next sat and we are going to Nassu on Sunday does anyone know if the straw market is open on sundays. I heard athat a lot of things are closed there on sundays is this true? Thank you

lumofny April 18th, 2007 02:03 PM

I dont know for sure, but I'm guessing it would be open Sundays. Its one of the more popular places in the city and from what I remember we had to walk through it from the ship to get to the rest of the shops. There are probably some shops that are closed Sunday, but like I said, I highly doubt this would be closed down then. I'll try and do some research and see what I can come back with.

lumofny April 18th, 2007 02:07 PM

http://www.planetware.com/nassau/str...-ne-nsdtsm.htm

Appears as though they are closed Sunday. However, it does state that hours my vary on cruise days. I guess the only way to find out is when you arrive... :-?

graphikkz April 18th, 2007 03:12 PM

we did the Glory cruise last year in May. same that you will be doing. the straw market was open the Sunday we were in port

CROOOOZIN April 18th, 2007 05:43 PM

Thank you for your info. I had a feeling it would be closed. But I guess I will see next week. I can't wait it is our first cruise. Thanks again.

Venture April 19th, 2007 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumofny
I dont know for sure, but I'm guessing it would be open Sundays. Its one of the more popular places in the city and from what I remember we had to walk through it from the ship to get to the rest of the shops. There are probably some shops that are closed Sunday, but like I said, I highly doubt this would be closed down then. I'll try and do some research and see what I can come back with.

lumofny... are you thinking, like I did the first time we went to Nassau that the area you walk through when you first get off the ship, was the straw market? I didn't know that the straw market was on down some,We found this out when we went to do the yellowbird excursion. BTW this was a great excursion.

lumofny April 20th, 2007 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venture
Quote:

Originally Posted by lumofny

lumofny... are you thinking, like I did the first time we went to Nassau that the area you walk through when you first get off the ship, was the straw market? I didn't know that the straw market was on down some,We found this out when we went to do the yellowbird excursion. BTW this was a great excursion.

Oh :(

Well, another excuse to do another cruise... ;)

KERI2308 April 20th, 2007 07:22 AM

What is the yellowbird excursion?

Lou 123 April 20th, 2007 07:56 AM

I would guess it would be open when a cruise ship is at port... If not, your husband will save some money.. LOL LOL LOL LOL

jaymah2005 April 20th, 2007 09:40 AM

Don't sweat, it'll be open! I was in Nassau last year on EASTER SUNDAY and it was open and hopping :)

All the shop ladies were wearing their sunday best....I got the Easter Special on a Kalik T-shirt!

Venture April 21st, 2007 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KERI2308
What is the yellowbird excursion?

We did the Yellowbird tour through RCCL SOS, this was on a large catamaran (SP?) with a live band on board and all the rum punches that you can drink, free (with the cost of your ticket), it takes you to a place that you can swim and I believe you can rent jet ski's. I'm sorry I can't remember the name of the place we went to, also a guide on board, pointed out all the movie stars homes as we went by them. They did sell beer on board also. It was a lot of fun.