Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 24th, 2007, 03:04 PM
Admiral

Default Just returned from "Liberty". Any questions?

The lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) and I just returned from an 8 day aboard the beautiful Carnival "Liberty". Great cruise! Any questions?

Ken
Old April 24th, 2007, 03:06 PM
Admiral

I get on this ship in 32 days.

Tell us everything that happened. Leave out no details.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)
Old April 24th, 2007, 07:16 PM
Passenger

we are going 7/29.

Old April 24th, 2007, 07:36 PM
Admiral

Yes, please tell us everything as we were also going on this cruise, but had to cancel at the last minute due to a family death. I am thinking we may re-schedule this ship in the near future, so I am very interested in all details. Did you enjoy the ports of call?? We certainly envy your cruise and wish we had been there.

Manuel
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old April 24th, 2007, 09:42 PM
Passenger

Default I just returned from the Liberty too!!

Hi Ken,
It was a beautiful ship and we really enjoyed it. Did you happen to see the 89 year man who participated in all the shows? Was he a kick or what. He was great in the talent show the last night.
I do wish they would have had better entertainment on deck during the day. They should of used the beautiful screen on deck during the day to show concerts. All in all I think the cruise was great and we lucked out with the weather.

Cyndy

The chocolate melting cake was unbelievable!!!!!!!
Old April 24th, 2007, 11:34 PM
Cruise Maniac

I heard Blood Power Band is scheduled to start playing in April or May on the Liberty. Do you know if they were on the ship?

Monarch of the Seas - December 2006
Elation - April 2006
Sensation - May 2005
Old April 25th, 2007, 06:05 AM
Passenger

What were the movies and concerts that were played on the big screen while you were on the ship? What was your favorite food on board? What excursions did you take?
Old April 25th, 2007, 09:00 AM
Passenger

Default What were the dinners like on the ship ?

What were the evening dinners like (the assigned dinners)? Just how dressed up was everyone ? Sailing date......May 6th !!!
Old April 25th, 2007, 09:21 AM
Admiral

Ken, any info on the Liberty would be great!! I'm sailing on her the last week of May. Did you sail the eastern or western itinerary?
Old April 25th, 2007, 06:20 PM
Admiral

Sorry I was so long in getting back to this post. Busy, busy, busy. Anyway, the ship is absolutely beautiful! We've sailed three of the four Conquest type ships, ie: Valor, Glory, and Liberty, and Liberty is far and away the most beautiful. Those of you asking about tours, and shore things, I'll have to admit that I never left the ship. I did, however speak to lots of folks who did go ashore, and did go on the tours, and I heard absolutely nothing negative about any of the three ports we visited.
Yes, I did see the old gent who took over the entertainment! As a matter of fact, he beat me out of the Frank Sinatra spot in the "Legends" show, but that's O.K., as I enjoyed his singing also. He was really a hoot in the newleywed show! (Made some comments about his 85 year old wife that shocked some folks ) The food was excellent, as was the service. I agree that they could make much better use of the "big screen" at the main pool, but it too was entertaining. The big production shows were outstanding, as were the two main singers in them. We were put in late seating, and couldn't be moved back to main as we had a family reunion, with a table for ten, and I thought the entertainment was poorly organized for those of us with late seating. The karaoke was a bit spotty as well, and I felt that the karaoke host didn't run it very well. She had the volumn way too loud for the room she was in. Even when karaoke was held outside on the deck she had it cranked up so loud that many of the people just couldn't stand it, and left. The piano bar guy was excellent. Great singer, and great entertainer.
Overall, it's a great cruise however, and I'd recommend it to anyone who wants to have a great time, and relax.

Ken

P.S. The slots weren't paying off at all. You may as well just go up to the cashier and hand them your money. It'd be quicker.
Old April 25th, 2007, 08:20 PM
Passenger

Thanks for the quick overview. We sail on May 6 for the western caribbean and CANNOT WAIT!! I don't plan to do any of the excursions (overpriced) but will get off and enjoy the pristine beaches. Were there a lot of kids? We're hoping the "brat factor" is low since school isn't out yet.
Old April 26th, 2007, 10:09 AM
Admiral

Nope, not overrun with kids at all! In fact, I was amazed at how few kids there were aboard. The ship was absolutely full,,,but everything went smoothly considering the amount of humanity aboard. I know you'll have a great time. (do you need anyone to carry aboard your luggage or anything?)

Ken
Old May 2nd, 2007, 11:46 PM
Beginner

Camp Carnival does a fantastic job of keeping the kids occupied.
Old May 3rd, 2007, 06:19 AM
Passenger

Could you tell us specifically what they showed on the big screen? Was it first run movies, or oldies? What concerts? Thanks
Old May 3rd, 2007, 08:32 AM
Admiral

Hi Florida322;

To be totally honest, I didn't pay much attention to what they were playing on the big screen. I tend to hang out at the aft pool myself. I do know two things. They don't run 1st run movies,,,they are a year or two old, and they did simocast some of the game shows that they run aboard, ie: the newleywed game, who wants to be a millionaire, and some other stuff that they were running in the theatre. As to concerts, I noted a couple but don't remember who they were. (apparently didn't impress me much)
Sorry, this is an area that I just don't know much about. I was far too busy doing other things.

You'll have a great time anyway.

Ken
Old May 3rd, 2007, 09:18 PM
Passenger

Default Movie

I was on the Liberty and I know they played the Da Vinci Code one night.
Old May 4th, 2007, 07:15 PM
Cruise Maniac

Ken we were onthis cruise too and had a very nice time. Jerry was 89 and I thought he was such a nice breath of fresh air for older people! He made a wonderful Frank Sinatra. You can always try again!
Old May 4th, 2007, 09:34 PM
Cruise Maniac

rendvs-

Have to reply to your "brat factor" comment.

We have sailed 3 Carnival ships - all during the April break week from school in the north.

On each cruise there were over 700 children on board and the adults could not believe the numbers were that high. We never saw the kids.

Not only does Carnival have a wonderful Camp program for the little ones, their teen programs are growing and expanding to the point where the kids busy day and night.

And in case you haven't read the latest news reports, cruises are now the number one choice for Family Vacations. Families can cruise for a week for less than going to Disney or renting a house at the beach.

And if it weren't for our "brat factor" we would not be sailing our 4th and 5th cruises in the next 7+ months. The kids are the ones who have asked for the next cruise.

They enjoy not only the activities on the ship, they like the various ports of calls, and our growing 14 year old son loves the nice 'n juicy steaks he has each night at dinner.

Here's to family vacations.

Good luck and safe sailing.

RCCL Freedom of the Seas 2/10
Carnival Legend 2/09
Carnival Victory 2/08
Carnival Liberty 7/07
Carnival Valor 4/06
Carnival Celebration 4/05
Carnival Sensation 4/04