Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 9th, 2007, 06:53 PM
Beginner

Default Wireless Internet

In a brochure that I got with my docs, it said that wireless internet was availible. I know you have to pay for internet time on their computers, but is the wireless free?

And does anyone know where the wireless is availible (the cafe or anywhere on the ship?)
Sponsored Links
Old May 9th, 2007, 07:04 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Wireless Internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvmorg2
In a brochure that I got with my docs, it said that wireless internet was availible. I know you have to pay for internet time on their computers, but is the wireless free?

And does anyone know where the wireless is availible (the cafe or anywhere on the ship?)
You still have to pay for access to their hotspot. Big $$$ too! Some ships I hear has it available all over, most I think only in the cyber cafe. $10-$12 per min, and it is slow, rumor has it.
Old May 9th, 2007, 07:13 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Wireless Internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter1602
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvmorg2

$10-$12 per min, and it is slow, rumor has it.
More like $0.75 a minute depending on what plan you get. You might be thinking of the phone service.

Quote:
To utilize the internet service, the below options are available. Please note that the internet pricing options are identical, whether an Internet Café terminal is utilized, or a laptop. All internet access charges will be billed directly to the guest's onboard “Sail & Sign? Account:

An initial one-time Activation Fee of $3.95 applies to each user.

A basic time charge of $0.75 per minute (“Pay-As-You-Go?) is available. Minutes are rounded to the next full minute.

Discounted “Time Plans? offer guests the opportunity to enjoy a lower per-minute rate. These Time Plans do not have to be used in a single session and can be used anytime throughout the cruise until debarkation; No refund for unused minutes; Upgrading selected pricing option is not available. Plans are subject to change.

Cruises 7 days in length and longer:

100 minutes for $55.00 ($0.55 per minute)

250 minutes for $100.00 ($0.40 per minute)

Cruises less than 7 days in length:

30 minutes for $16.50 ($0.55 per minute)

60 minutes for $24.00 ($0.40 per minute)

To rent a Wireless Radio Card for a guest's personal laptop, the rate is $10.00 per day; Optional insurance is $3.00 per day.

A limited number of laptops are available for complimentary use with Time Plan purchase; optional insurance is $10.00 per day.
http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/On_...net_Cafes.aspx

Carnival Liberty November 30-December 7, 2013
Carnival Liberty
March 2-March 9, 2013

Carnival Legend November 27-December 4, 2011
Carnival Miracle September 28-October 6 2010
Carnival Victory December 9-16, 2007
Carnival Imagination April 28-May 3, 2007
Carnival Fascination April 24-28, 2006
Carnival Fascination July 10-17, 1999
Old May 9th, 2007, 07:51 PM
Cruise Maniac

<<More like $0.75 a minute depending on what plan you get. You might be thinking of the phone service. >>

Thanks for the clarification. As I said most of what I heard was rumor.
Old May 10th, 2007, 01:51 PM
Passenger

Wireless Internet on the Liberty is 100 minutes for $50 with a $3.95 one-time connection fee. I believe the rate for 250 minutes is $100. I went with the 100 minute plan. The connections was faster than I expected. Rates are the same for wireless as they are for using computer stations at the internet cafe. Hope that info helps.