Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 13th, 2007, 11:08 PM
Passenger

Default Miracle to Bermuda April 2007 ??? Some questions....

Hi all,
I did post this on other post (Miracle reviews)-but thought a new topic posting may be better--

I may do the spring one out of NYC to Bermuda....
I prefer to leave from home (I am in New Jersey)--avoiding air travel all together....
But then I will be done with Carnival for awhile --there are no other ones from here ----(I did New England last year)

Questions:
I have up till now booked thru Carnival --but I see so many other sites--with onboard credit,etc. ......should I investigate a travel agent or one of the cruise sites? Trying to get more bang for my dollar...

Why is there only one cruise listed for this itinerary...?? And why do prices seem proportunately (price and days) higher than other destinations?

Is April a good month weather wise for Bermuda?

janette
Sponsored Links
Old May 13th, 2007, 11:37 PM
Passenger

Default oops-meant 2008

sorry about that
j
Old May 14th, 2007, 06:57 AM
Familiar Face

I have seen a few negative reviews on this cruise.

Some say the weather is a bit chilly. Most complained that the ship docks at Kings Wharf and by the time you take the bus to Hamilton or St George everything is closed since they close early on Saturday nights.

All day Sunday everything is closed also.

Try and do a search for more info.
Old May 14th, 2007, 08:22 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Miracle to Bermuda April 2007 ??? Some questions....

Quote:
Originally Posted by janettekay
Hi all,
I did post this on other post (Miracle reviews)-but thought a new topic posting may be better--

I may do the spring one out of NYC to Bermuda....
I prefer to leave from home (I am in New Jersey)--avoiding air travel all together....
But then I will be done with Carnival for awhile --there are no other ones from here ----(I did New England last year)

Questions:
I have up till now booked thru Carnival --but I see so many other sites--with onboard credit,etc. ......should I investigate a travel agent or one of the cruise sites? Trying to get more bang for my dollar...

Why is there only one cruise listed for this itinerary...?? And why do prices seem proportunately (price and days) higher than other destinations?

Is April a good month weather wise for Bermuda?

janette
Hi Janette, Bermuda in my opinion might be better to do with Celebrity Cruises.
Carnival docks at Kings Wharf. I don't know why, there's nothing there.
You do have to take a bus, ferry or cab to Hamilton but by the time you get there it's late and about 2 hours before the shops close. We got there Saturday and forget about Sunday, shops are closed. I don't know why they don't go to Hamilton. Also on the way back they stop in of all places Rhode Island. They could skip Rhode Island and do another day in Bermuda. But they only go once a year. I don't know why that is. Bermuda is very popular. Also in April it was a bit chilly. I've looked at Celebrity and other cruise lines for Bermuda and they seem to do it better than Carnival. But I live in Queens and NY is easier to get to for me than Jersey.

Even though I love Carnival, as far as Bermuda goes, I would look at other cruise lines.

Why not do a Eastern Caribbean cruise with Carnival? I'm signing up again this Oct. I'm going back to see my favorite band Music Boardwalk.
I know I'm crazy but life is short.
Old May 14th, 2007, 09:19 AM
Passenger

thanks for the info!
I just did the eastern caribbean Carnival on Miracle....so was looking for another destination --I think I will look into other lines --Bayonne departure is easy for me--so will check out Royal Carribbean...
janette
Old May 22nd, 2007, 06:17 PM
Passenger

just wondering if anyone else can add something .....
janette