Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 23rd, 2007, 08:11 PM
Passenger

Default Which airport to use for Port of Miami

Is it better to use the Miami International Airport or the Fort Lauderdale Airport. Our port is Miami.
Sponsored Links
Old May 23rd, 2007, 08:23 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Which airport to use for Port of Miami

Quote:
Originally Posted by freckles1063
Is it better to use the Miami International Airport or the Fort Lauderdale Airport. Our port is Miami.
Personally, I favor Ft Lauderdale because you can generally get better prices.

I have never flown into Miami for a cruise, because FLL was always MUCH cheaper.
Old May 23rd, 2007, 08:26 PM
Yeoman

FLL for the airport. Miami for the hotel to get the best prices
Old May 23rd, 2007, 08:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

check out and see which has better rates. either will work.
1 NCL
1 American Hawaii
1 Celebrity
Holland America 1/15/11
Old May 23rd, 2007, 08:40 PM
Yeoman

FLL is a lot farther away from the Port of Miami. Miami is only 15 minutes or less away, and has flat rates to the port in a cab. FLL will cost you more $$ to get to Miami and port.
Old May 23rd, 2007, 08:47 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzla
FLL is a lot farther away from the Port of Miami. Miami is only 15 minutes or less away, and has flat rates to the port in a cab. FLL will cost you more $$ to get to Miami and port.
I guess I cheat.

We fly into FLL the day before and stay at a hotel that serves the airport. Then, the next morning, we take the hotel shuttle back to FLL and pick up the Carnival shuttle to the cruise port.

$20 pp - granted, you also have to factor in the cost of the hotel room, but it generally is still much less than flying into Miami International.
Old May 23rd, 2007, 08:53 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSFP
I guess I cheat.

We fly into FLL the day before and stay at a hotel that serves the airport. Then, the next morning, we take the hotel shuttle back to FLL and pick up the Carnival shuttle to the cruise port.

$20 pp - granted, you also have to factor in the cost of the hotel room, but it generally is still much less than flying into Miami International.
That is a good idea. We fly into Miami cause we get some great direct flights from L.A. on larger planes, which I like. lol. But we usually like to extend our vacation for 3-4 nights prior, so we like to be in Miami for South Beach.
Old May 23rd, 2007, 08:56 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Quote:
I guess I cheat.

That is a good idea. We fly into Miami cause we get some great direct flights from L.A. on larger planes, which I like. lol. But we usually like to extend our vacation for 3-4 nights prior, so we like to be in Miami for South Beach.
It probably depends on where you are flying from.

From Philadelphia, we tend to fly in 737 sized planes. I don't think that FLL can handle some of the larger planes, like a 747, so FLL is the better alternative.

If I was flying cross-country, then Miami would probably be the only real option.
Old May 23rd, 2007, 09:14 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I guess I cheat.

It probably depends on where you are flying from.

From Philadelphia, we tend to fly in 737 sized planes. I don't think that FLL can handle some of the larger planes, like a 747, so FLL is the better alternative.

If I was flying cross-country, then Miami would probably be the only real option.
FLL is an option for us being from L.A., but I tend to like flying on 777's, so Miami is my best bet for that.
Old May 23rd, 2007, 10:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

I live in Miami...best airport is definately MIA.

*Liberty 6-3-07
*Fascination 7-30-07

Triumph 12-16-06 (Married on the ship!)

Imagination 10-05 (*two extra days at sea due to Hurricane Wilma...YAY!)
Old May 23rd, 2007, 11:35 PM
Admiral

On the 13 May 07 I flew into MIA and out of FLL with Carnival's air package. Fort Lauderdale does seem to be simpler.

Read and post cruise reviews

Read and post cruise reviews
/ticker.png">