Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 29th, 2007, 03:45 PM
Beginner

Default Any Review on Carnival Liberty - 8 days

I would love to hear some feed back on the Ship Liberty also on the ports

San Juan
St Thomas - went to magen bay
Antigua - rented a mini boat to go snokeling
Tortola
Nassau - have not been in a long time

I have been to several of the ports but would love different input on excursion taken etc.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old May 29th, 2007, 04:16 PM
Beginner

any one out there
Old May 29th, 2007, 04:19 PM
Beginner

testing ticker
Old May 29th, 2007, 04:26 PM
Admiral

We cruised the 8-day Liberty in April, but we went to Panama, and that side of the Gulf. Liberty is a great ship, and we had a wonderful time, but I know what you need are reviews of the ports you'll cruise to. Sorry, I can't help you there, as I've not been to Antigua, or Tortola for a long long time.
To reiterate, Liberty is an outstanding "Conquest Class" ship, and you'll really enjoy everything about her.

See you aboard,

Ken
Old May 31st, 2007, 01:58 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Any Review on Carnival Liberty - 8 days

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononetnet
I would love to hear some feed back on the Ship Liberty also on the ports
Thanks
I did this cruise, and thought it was very good! The Liberty is a fantastic ship.Hard to belive that carnival has a better ship in their fleet. Great staff,food, we had a balcony cabin.

About Me...
Growing up with my Dad, we spent 20 years going to the islands as Scuba divers. We would stay on one Island for a week and do 40 different dive sites. This was my 1st cruise...suggested by my new wife

Puerto Rico, San Juan - We did biolumincent bay. Very
impressed...we loved it! (long drive to get there but well worth it)

St Thomas... we went to St John for the snorkling, and it was
best of the trip. We swam with a sea turtle for a good 5 minutes before he took off. Loved the reef, swim from the beach was short and very nice beach...Trunk Bay? (I'm not good with names)

Next stop Tortola we did the Dolphin swim. We booked two different swims and spent the entire day at the Dolphin Discovery. The Royal Swim was great, but the other swim was worth doing also. ( can't remember the name, its the next-one down on their menue of chocies) Carnival doesn't offer the Royal swim so we booked it directly with Dolphon Discovery.

Next stop Antiqua - We did a sail/snorkle on the Cat. and they took us to a dead reef. Did not like that at all. But the second half of the trip they took us to a great beach and we had a seat on the front of the sail-boat so we had a great time despite the dead reef (horse back riding was avalible at the beach).

Nassau- Booked through Carnival a snorkle and island beach day. We enjoyed the site-seeing on the way out (got to see some great homes of the rich & famous) but hated the little island they took us to for diving. It was a waste of time. And the music was so loud that my ears actually hurt on boat ride home. Nassau has some great diving, but all the boats leave in the a.m. but our ship didn't get to port until 1pm-7pm. We should have just gone to the Atlantis and skpped the half-a$$ beach and snokle trip.

On a scale of 1-10 I'd give the entire trip a 9.5
(I'm usually pretty tough on my ratings) We really had a great time.
Old May 31st, 2007, 02:35 PM
Cruise Maniac

We were on the Liberty to Panama and got back May 20. It is a fine ship. It was hard to get used to not being able to go straight through the ship on decks 3 and 4 because of where the dining rooms were situated. It is a little annoying. The food was great in the dining room. We ate breakfast there once because my husband wanted to try it but I prefer the Lido for lunch and breakfast.
There wasn't much shopping though if you like that. For as big as the ship was I was surprised. Watch out! The photo gallery is huge.
The entertainment was also excellent. We don't do the late for mature audiences show so I can't comment on that. Unless you want to sit right down on the pool there seemed to be lots of lounge chairs.
We searched around untill we found the way to get as far forward and as high as you can get as a passenger. It can be done.
I don't play Texas hold'em but my husband did the last time we sailed and he enjoyed it but now the table is electronic and he said he watched for a few minutes but nobody talks, no interaction at all, and he said it was rather boring. I think they made a mistake there.
There were lots of interestingly decorated bars and sushi area and all kinds of areas to get away from the crowds. The crowds were mostly on Lido. The big screen on Lido is neat. I loved the lights in the atrium and in front of Victoria Lounge and along some of the other areas of the ship. They can program them to do all sorts of color changes. The big blown glass chandelier in the Venetian was done by the same guy who did the magnificent glass sculptures in the Atlantis in Nassau, if you've been there you know what I mean. Beautiful.
We did some big tours and were tired so we didn't go to the late buffet. Probably should have at least checked it out and taken pictures. It was on Lido too.
Sorry I can't comment on the ports you asked about but my neighbor has been to some of them and loved the areas. We will get there someday.
Next cruise is Hawaii in September. Have fun.
We had a great time.
Carnival Dream-Oct 2010-Eastern Caribbean
RCL Oasis-May 2010-Western Caribbean
Carnival Fantasy-April 2010-Mexico
HAL Ryndam-Sept 2009-Alaska
Carnival Holiday-May 2009-Cozumel
Carnival Celebration-April 2008-Key West, Nassau
Carnival Liberty-May 2007-Panama Canal
Carnival Miracle-Apr 2006 (1st for DH)- Mexico, Belize
Carnival Holiday-Feb 2005-Mexico
Carnival Fascination-Dec 2000-Nassau