Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 10th, 2007, 11:21 AM
Passenger

Default Self-Assist Debarkation

I've read that the Sensation does not offer the self-assist debarkation as an option for those with early flights. On our last cruise, we were the first passengers off of the ship carrying our own luggage. It was quick and easy and we had plenty of time to make it to the airport for a 12:40 PM flight.

Can anyone confirm that the Sensation really does not offer the self debarkation? Also, when they call the floors to disembark, do they start at the top and work down or start at the bottom and work up? Just curious because we have an early flight home (12:00 PM out of Orlando) again and that is the only worry I have.

Those who have been guests on the Sensation recently, can you offer a timeline as to how long the debarkation process took?

Thanks, in advance, for sharing your experience.

Sara (OzzyMom)
Fascination - 7/2006

Sponsored Links
Old June 10th, 2007, 12:25 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Self-Assist Debarkation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyMom
Can anyone confirm that the Sensation really does not offer the self debarkation? Also, when they call the floors to disembark, do they start at the top and work down or start at the bottom and work up? Just curious because we have an early flight home (12:00 PM out of Orlando) again and that is the only worry I have.

Those who have been guests on the Sensation recently, can you offer a timeline as to how long the debarkation process took?
There is no specific "debark order". It changes weekly. You should be off by 10am. Probably earlier. CCL will probably let you off earlier if you go to the purser late in the cruise and show them proof you have a flight earlier than a given time [and noon may qualify].
Old June 10th, 2007, 12:46 PM
First Mate

we are flying home the day AFTER the cruise, so I assume we'll be among the last to leave the ship? We are only going to have carry ons thought, so does that mean we can self-debark when ever we want? I hoped we'd have a room service breakfast, wheel our carry ons while we do a last short tour of the ship, taking photos of areas I may have missed during the cruise, then we would debark around 10 to catch our paid transfer to the Orlando airport - where we'll have a rental car waiting.
Old June 10th, 2007, 11:47 PM
First Mate

Michelle1959...I don't think you can get room service breakfast but they will probably be serving breakfast on the Lido deck and possibly in the dining room. You shouldn't "have" to leave until the final call....just remember that the next group of cruisers can't get on until everyone from your cruise if off.

Ozzymom...if you put your early flight info on your fun pass your room steward will probably be informed that you need different colored luggage tags. If not...then go to the pursers desk and ask for them. The early flight people will probably be the second group to disembark...right after Platinum and handicapped.
Old June 11th, 2007, 06:53 AM
Captain

Send a message via AIM to David West Send a message via Yahoo to David West

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellet1959
we are flying home the day AFTER the cruise, so I assume we'll be among the last to leave the ship? We are only going to have carry ons thought, so does that mean we can self-debark when ever we want? I hoped we'd have a room service breakfast, wheel our carry ons while we do a last short tour of the ship, taking photos of areas I may have missed during the cruise, then we would debark around 10 to catch our paid transfer to the Orlando airport - where we'll have a rental car waiting.
Not sure about the room service either. But you can go to the Lido deck, and have a nice breakfast, and do your last tour of the ship and say your goodbye's. No need to rush, because all you'll do is hurry up to wait in line.

Happy Sailing to all;
David
Legend May 2009
Liberty - Aug.23 2008
Fantasy - Sept.22 2007
Fantasy - Sept.27 2007 (B 2 B )
Holiday- Sept.- 2006
Valor- May - 2006
Conquest- August- 2003
Inspiration-Sept.-2001
Enchanted Isle- Sept.- 1999
Old June 11th, 2007, 08:20 AM
First Mate

thanks, I didn't think that room service might not be offered on the last morning - so I'll plan for us to eat on the Lido deck then we can self-debark!
Old June 11th, 2007, 08:46 AM
First Mate

Quote:
then we would debark around 10 to catch our paid transfer to the Orlando airport - where we'll have a rental car waiting.
Why not get the rental car at the port?

Brian

Sensation
Old June 11th, 2007, 11:28 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxpm
Quote:
then we would debark around 10 to catch our paid transfer to the Orlando airport - where we'll have a rental car waiting.
Why not get the rental car at the port?
Brian
excellent idea, Brian, I will ask my TA about that - if we get a car at Port Canaveral that we can drop off at the Orlando airport the following morning, that will give us more time to tour Orlando that day!