Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 13th, 2007, 06:59 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default What time do you book your flight to head home

My wife and I will be flying from Alaska to California for our mexican riverria cruise in Feb 08. My sister and her husband are joining us for the cruise but are flying in from Colorado. We want to be on the same bus from the cruise back to LAX but the only times our flights would leave together is around 5 pm. We get into port around 8 or 9 am. Is this too late of a flight leaving? Will carnival drop us off at the airport hours early? I know the next set of cruise passengers will be boarding late morning or early afternoon so I can only assume Carnival would put us on a bus to LAX and we would be forced to sit at the airport for way too many hours before our flights would leave. So I guess what I am trying to say is... when is a good time for my flight to leave at. I could leave as early as 12:35 pm, 3:45 pm or 5:00 pm which flight should I choose so I am not forced to sit around the airport for hours.
Sponsored Links
Old June 13th, 2007, 08:08 PM
Admiral

I would do the 4:00 one.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old June 14th, 2007, 12:02 AM
Passenger

I'd do the 12:45 flight. Carnival will let you off early if you have an early flight. The last cruise we were on our flight left at 11 and we were to leave at 8 am. (they gave us VIP luggage tags so our luggage is taken off first and placed in it's own VIP luggage area). We got to the airport, had a little breakfast, and only had to wait about an hour. We had a 5 pm flight on our Carribean cruise which left out of New Orleans. We did the little shuttle bus tour of the city and still had to wait hours at the airport, it was horrible. I'll never book a flight that late again.
Old June 14th, 2007, 05:47 AM
First Mate

I agree, been their done that, ...........This last cruise in Febrary, I also received the V.I.P, tags for an early flight, and was in Ft. Lauderdale airport at 11:20. from Miami port, and that was rushing, but well worth it, so not any earlier then that, but no need to wait all day either, when their is ways around it.
Destiny
Norwegian Majesty
Legend
Legend
Valor
Valor again Yahoo!
Old June 14th, 2007, 06:55 AM
First Mate

The next day. 0800
Old June 14th, 2007, 08:06 AM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to wakedreams

depends on if I have to work the next day I usually do, so I try to get home as early as possible so I can get ready to go back to work.

If you have a long flight home I would do 12:45.

I would never book anything earlier than 12:00noon.

Carnival recommends 1:00pm or later. Anyone with flights leaving prior to 1:00pm get priority debarkation.
Carnival Triumph 11/2008
Carnival Celebration 10/2007
Carnival Victory 11/2006
Disney Wonder 1/2006
Carnival Legend 10/2005
Carnival Victory 3/2005
Carnival Triumph 8/2004
Carnival Sensation 6/2002
Old June 14th, 2007, 10:31 AM
Cruise Maniac

Its a long flight home from California to Alaska to some, but I am used to it... just part of living in Alaska I guess. I went ahead and booked the 3:45 knowing that we could take the city tour & transfer to LAX if we want, plus it will allow us to take our time getting off the ship and be one of the last ones off. Nice thing about my ticket though, is since I am a Gold MVP with Alaska Airlines I am allowed to change my ticket as many times as I want before the flight leaves with no change penalty, only change in fare costs and right now all the flights leaving that day are the same price.