Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 14th, 2007, 05:12 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to BTMRT
Default Western Caribbean/Carnival or RCC?

I think I finally narrowed it down to the Carnival Legend from Tampa 12/2/07.

From what I read there seems to be loads of extras for certain restaurants, ice cream, etc. on Royal Caribbean cruises.

Did I just miss these things on the Carnival Legend cruise site or are many more things included w/Carnival?

Barb
Old June 14th, 2007, 06:42 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Western Caribbean/Carnival or RCC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTMRT
I think I finally narrowed it down to the Carnival Legend from Tampa 12/2/07.

From what I read there seems to be loads of extras for certain restaurants, ice cream, etc. on Royal Caribbean cruises.

Did I just miss these things on the Carnival Legend cruise site or are many more things included w/Carnival?

Barb
I wouldn't say that many more things are included on Carnival or that you get less on Royal Carribbean; the standards for both included the main dining rooms, buffett restuaruant and the grill and/or pizzeria;
Carnival has restuaurants that cost extra such as Coffee and Desert area and some of the newer ships have additional dining options for an additional cost just as RC does. i.e. Carnival and Royal Carribbean both have free soft serve or frozen yogurt in the buffet area but both have an area where you can pay extra for a name brand.
Valor Feb 2009: Dina & Marty - again
Grandeur Feb 2008: DTW, Dina & Marty
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Fascination: Feb 2007
Enchantment of Seas: Sept 2006
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old June 14th, 2007, 07:55 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Just some basic differences between them, some of the Royal Caribbean ships have more bells and whistles, such as rock climbing, ice skating, and the new Freedom class have the flow rider. If you aren't into taking advantage of activities like these, then Carnival would be for you. If you are cruising with kids and more family members, some of these added features are great and make cruising with kids that much nicer. Both have excellent kids clubs.

While both have really good entertainment, I have never seen shows such as the ones they offer on Freedom of the Seas. Saw some great shows while on Carnival Glory. You can't go wrong with either cruise.

Message Boards Moderator
Old June 15th, 2007, 12:48 PM
Passenger

Although I haven't sailed on either ship, I've been on RCCL and CCL. There's a reason why CCL is dubbed "The Fun Ships." I found that atmosphere is more exciting than RCCL. If you want a more-relaxing cruise, I'd say RCCL is better. But as Donna said, you can't really go wrong with either.
Old June 15th, 2007, 02:41 PM
Admiral

This is VERY important! Yes, both Carnival and RCI have free ice cream, however, the free ice cream on Carnival is 24X7, and the free ice cream aboard RCI only operates for certain hours each day. What are you going to do if you want ice cream, or frozen yogurt at 2 A.M.? No problem if you're aboard a Carnival ship. 8) If you're aboard RCI, you are probably out of luck, or maybe you could get it with room service. (but you'd have to tip the room service guy or gal)
I'd vote for the Carnival Legend. Great ship, Great crew, and an overall GREAT CRUISE.

Ken