Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 11th, 2007, 11:20 AM
Passenger

Default Group Cruises

I am going on a Cruise with about 60 people(Triumph Feb 23rd) because I am getting married! We are getting married on the beach in St. Thomas and I booked that locally. I am however in charge of this large group of loved ones and I am starting to panic. Has anyone ever cruised with a group this large? Any tips?

Thanks Cori
Sponsored Links
Old July 11th, 2007, 11:52 AM
Admiral

Congratulations on your marriage!

First of all, the ship will have 'plenty' to keep your guests entertained, so don't stress!

Although I have never traveled with a large group (not, until Sept and the CM's 4Bs cruise!) pick an area for relaxing -- one of the bars or other public areas. Let this be a place where everyone can meet informally. Come and go as they want, but a place where everyone can catch up on what is going on in the group.

It sounds like a wonderful time! Also, you may want to have t-shirts made, celebrating your wedding. If there are some in the group that don't know others, this will help them be identified!

Have fun!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old July 11th, 2007, 12:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

Cori hang in there it is not as scary as it seems. I usually organize our family reunion on cruises every tow years. Our next one is also a wedding Jan 2 in st thomas. We are taking the new years cruise (valor) with 53 ofther people. Here is what I have done.

* I creatd a website where they can check for updates regularly (carnival has a free one check it out under reunions)
*I have shirts made that say Wedding party. It is a small logo size on the left side with a little martini in the middle. The brdie and groom are wearing the same white shirt but the backs say bride to be and groom to be.
*We have goodie bags that will be given out in december at our doc party. The bags included: beach towels, sutna lotion, water bottles to used on the island or on the lido deck, flip flops, dispodable underwater camera, etc...
*On our site we have created daily activities for each island. They are welcome to join us or go on their own.
*On the wedding day we have hired a party bus to transport everyone back an fourth.
*We made signs for the doors that say Chantal and Casey wedding party the guest will be puttin gthem on their cabins.
*We have 2 fuctions booked during the cruise one is a welcome cocktail and a goodbye party. besides the reception on the ship the wedding night.
*the bride had personalized party hats made for new years.

Do not take up the responsability of baby sitting your guest. Go along with your normal days and if someone wants to join you fine. Do what you want to do it is your wedding trip and you should enjoy it. If you are relaxed everyone else will be too. Congraulations! If you have any questions just let me know.
Old July 11th, 2007, 02:19 PM
Admiral

Golly, suebecdan, I think I may be a distant relative, fouth removed, on your step great aunt's side! Can I come along on the reunion?

You have it together!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old July 11th, 2007, 02:20 PM
Passenger

thanks for the info! Where do I find this thing for the website? on Carnival's website?

We are having a small reception on the ship after dinner the day of the Wedding so that we can have some private time together. Have you ever done a room list for everyone so that people can get a hold of other people in their group? I also wanted to do gifts for all my guests and leave them in their rooms, is this possible?

Sorry one more question, With the group bookings do they do a good job of placing everyone in the same area room wise and dinner wise?

Thanks a bunch!
Old July 11th, 2007, 04:07 PM
Cruise Maniac

Here is the link for carnival free page http://www.carnivalconnections.com/PlanEvent.aspx

I am using freeservers.com they are great and free, very easy to use.

I did a phone list it is in the doc they will get in december. I also printed for them the activities the bride and groom are doing per island so if they want to join in they can.

As you can see i am just the wedding planner/cousins jeje. But I am enjoying all the preparations.

I gave my TA a list and told her who I wanted at each table. We did tables of 8. Also we booked very early so we are all next to each other. I have always gottent he tables assignments I wanted Ihope you do to.

If you want to give a little gift it might be easier togive it at the reception the night of the wedding. I do not hink you will be able to get into the cabbins before them unless you buy the gifts through carnival (very expensive).

Are you getting freebies yo shuold get atleast chocolte covered strawberries and Cham per cabin, maybe even a free cocktail party and group photo. Ask the group department what your incentives are. Do not be shy get what ever you can.

Any other questions just ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorkySue02
thanks for the info! Where do I find this thing for the website? on Carnival's website?

We are having a small reception on the ship after dinner the day of the Wedding so that we can have some private time together. Have you ever done a room list for everyone so that people can get a hold of other people in their group? I also wanted to do gifts for all my guests and leave them in their rooms, is this possible?

Sorry one more question, With the group bookings do they do a good job of placing everyone in the same area room wise and dinner wise?

Thanks a bunch!
Old July 11th, 2007, 06:27 PM
Passenger

we are getting a few freebies......every room booked get 100.00 OBC and then we are getting a 2 hour reception w/ open bar and snacks. Now that so many people have booked I am going to try to see if they will throw in a little more.

How are they about room upgrades? We booked at cat. 8 balcony but we were hoping to get upgraded to a suite since it's out wedding and we are brining 60 + guests......am I just dreaming?
Old July 11th, 2007, 06:50 PM
Cruise Maniac

Maybe somebody else can help you with the upgrade in rooms. I think it might be a bit hard. We are not even getting OBC because they do not except realy groups during the holiday sailings. Which means that we have NO benefits at all. What can we do. ARe you getting a free person for every 8 cabins. I might be wrong on how many cabins you must have but I am sure someone will chime in and let you know.
Old July 11th, 2007, 07:05 PM
Passenger

yeah we get a free booking for every 8 bookings. That's nice since last count we had 62 people signed up (group rate ends friday).

The thing is we are paying for some family who can't afford to go so we are puting the free trips towards them. Otherwise we would have booked a suite.
Old July 12th, 2007, 10:22 AM
Cruise Maniac

That is very generous of you. WHen ever we get free passenger we devided it amongst all of us. But not so lucky this time. I usually do the planning probono .

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorkySue02
yeah we get a free booking for every 8 bookings. That's nice since last count we had 62 people signed up (group rate ends friday).

The thing is we are paying for some family who can't afford to go so we are puting the free trips towards them. Otherwise we would have booked a suite.
Old July 12th, 2007, 10:49 AM
Passenger

that really sucks that you aren't getting any freebies... I understand because it's over a holiday but still! Thank you for all your help!