Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 13th, 2007, 10:01 AM
First Mate

Default Free Towels?!

A couple I talked to said that they pay cash toward their sign and sail accounts and on the last night they get a check under their door for any unused balance. A couple of times they have 'accidentially' packed one of Carnivals towels with their luggage. Since they already settled their account and have the cash, Carnival has nothing to charge the missing towel to. They said to have gotten quite a few free towels this way.

Does anyone else not believe them? It seems as though Carnival would charge the CC the cruise fare was paid for with.
Old July 13th, 2007, 10:12 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Free Towels?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumofny
A couple I talked to said that they pay cash toward their sign and sail accounts and on the last night they get a check under their door for any unused balance. A couple of times they have 'accidentially' packed one of Carnivals towels with their luggage. Since they already settled their account and have the cash, Carnival has nothing to charge the missing towel to. They said to have gotten quite a few free towels this way.

Does anyone else not believe them? It seems as though Carnival would charge the CC the cruise fare was paid for with.
Tell the couple that they are stealing towels. Plain and simple. :evil:

Like everything else, when Carnival gets tired of this practice, they will either start to send bills to their mailing address or put a hold on their name/id pending any future reservations.

Why would someone want "quite a few" of these towels. They are great for their purpose but are not really bath towel quality.

Question, do they "accidentally" take the bath towels also? What about the sheets, pillows, bathrobes, hangars and light fixtures?

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)
Old July 13th, 2007, 10:20 AM
First Mate

Probably they clean out rooms when staying at hotels, too.

They were an elderly couple who dine frequently at a restaurant I work at. I know some elderly people like to hoard things and are often stingy, but I've never met anyone proud of it as they seemed to be.

I'm guessing that its people like this that is the reason CCL developed their towel policy in the first place.
Old July 13th, 2007, 10:27 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumofny
Probably they clean out rooms when staying at hotels, too.

They were an elderly couple who dine frequently at a restaurant I work at. I know some elderly people like to hoard things and are often stingy, but I've never met anyone proud of it as they seemed to be.

I'm guessing that its people like this that is the reason CCL developed their towel policy in the first place.
Exactly. I remember not too many years ago when you just walked up to the pool guy to get a towel and towels were in a large bin when you left the ship at port. Just pick up how ever many you need and go. It got too expensive and Carnival had to start to "encourage" people to leave the towels (and robes) behind when they debarked by charging for any towels (and robes) not accounted for.

Ridiculous but will give them some slack because of their age, which may be why they do not receive invoices from Carnival. Carnival knows those towels turn up missing.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)
Old July 13th, 2007, 09:52 PM
Admiral

You know, stealing is stealing whether it's towels or money. Wonder what else and how often they " accidentally " end up with items that aren't theirs?

Sounds like the type of folks that would make you want to count the spoons and forks after they came over for a cook-out.
Old July 14th, 2007, 01:50 PM
Admiral

Accidently eh?

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old July 14th, 2007, 01:52 PM
Admiral

Let's see... "I can afford a cruise in excess of $1,000.00 but I can't go to the department store and buy a $3.00 towel" Sad...

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old July 16th, 2007, 07:20 AM
First Mate

People that steal never think they are going to get caught.

How embarrassed would they be if for some reason their suitcase popped open and the towels popped out. I have to believe they might be arrested to the equivalent of shop lifting.

Brian

Sensation