Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 27th, 2007, 11:28 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Spam looks like AOL Email be carefule

As a subscriber to AOL, I use several screen names for personal, business, etc. As most of you know, AOL only bills on the original screen name account and your billing info can only be accessed under that screen name.
This a.m. I received an e-mail on a secondary screen name that appeared to be from AOL. It stated that there was a problem with billing my monthly fee. It asked me to update all of my personal info including name, address, SSN, credit card, mother's maiden name, etc.

Even though it looked very official, I did not believe this, so I went to my main screen name and looked at my billing history. All of my bills were paid in full. I went back to the secondary screen name and their was another e-mail which said "final notice." I contacted AOL live help and asked them why I was being billed under the secondary screen name. They asked me to forward the e-mail to them and I did. They said this was spam and it was not from them. And said I was smart to contact them.

If you get anything like this on your AOL account, check your billing first and if all is in order, contact AOL. Do not furnish any info in response to this e-mail. AOL will only bill your original account and will not ask for your password.
Sponsored Links
Old July 28th, 2007, 12:18 AM
Familiar Face

The red flag was asking for a SSN and Cr card number. I delete so much spam daily, I figure if it's legit, they will use snail mail.

PJ
1995 Carnival Sensation
1996 Carnivasl Holiday
1997 RCCL Legend of the Seas
1998 Carnival Facination
2000 Carnival Celebraton
2001 Carnivasl Triumph
2002 Carnival Spirit
2003 and 2004 Conquest (2004 bingo winner)

2000 Carnival Celebration
Old July 29th, 2007, 09:11 PM
Captain

I know what you mean. When I open my e-mail list, I sort it by sender, then start deleting everyone I don't know. But this e-mail really did a good job of looking like an official AOL message. I would never, never submit my SSN and credit card number.
2005 Holiday, Sensation, Conquest,
2006 Conquest, Celebration, Holiday,
2007 Freedom Grand Med, Holiday
2008 Fantasy & Sensation,
2009 Fantasy, Holiday & Dream Grand Med
2010 Fantasy and B2B Elation
2011 Monarch of the Seas
2012 Booked - Breeze from Barcelona 12 days