Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 2nd, 2007, 01:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Spirit's Cat.4e Inside Cabin 8265 Review (Pictures)

By far one of the most Noisiest Cabins we have ever slept in. This cabin on the Carnival Spirit is located below the Aft Lido Deck Pool and its also where they lay out the Lounge chairs. This cabin is a Cat 4e on the Inside Starboard side of the ship on Panorama Deck.

When we first arrived we heard a tons of loud banging from above Wendys first words were, oh great, I don't like this cabin already. I ran up to Lido Deck to find a group of kids running inside the pool area. There was no water in the pool and a net covering the hole. There were kids already tripping over the Netting lines and falling flat on the faces but this wouldn't stop them and their parents were no where to be found, they where having a great time.

Another problem we found, If you look at the deck plan, there is a large blanked out area. Not sure if this was part of the Pools Filtration system or a massive elevator shaft because when they operated this device behind our wall, it was loud too.

Now remembered I mentioned lounge chair area, Yep at night we heard the chairs being put away so that they can mop up and clean the deck, then during the Morning you can hear the Lounge chairs hit the floor as they were place back where they went. So more noise there. This went on every day. I wanted to post alot of information that was clear in my mind, but after hearing this noise and having to listen to Wendy say "Did you hear that!", it took from my concentation and I would easily forget what I was going to post in my Live from the Spirit thread. It was that bad.

The Pros were that you were right under Lido Deck Ice Cream area so getting an Ice Cream cone anytime during the night was a breeze. This was also a popular running spot for kids because they had to race to the Ice Cream area to get there first and so you heard more loud banging from the ceiling. Also as you can tell from the Pictures this cabin was large, not a Handicapped Cabin. The A/C worked very well in the cabin and the Internet WIFI signal was Very Good. Wendy just mentioned, she did like the cabin but the noise really messed it up for her.

I would not recommend this cabin to anyone because after a long 7 hour excursion like the one we took with Mazatlan Frank you want to be able to go to your cabin and crash. Even ear plugs didn't work because you can still feel the banging.

These are the Pictures of 8265 Cat. 4e Inside.

Fred
Sponsored Links